Founded in 2007, TravisMathew draws its’ inspiration from all aspects of Southern California culture and lifestyle. Our focus on making premier men’s apparel for work and play has cemented our foothold in the sportswear world. Over the past several years, TravisMathew has been leading the way in quality and active-wear design. We remain committed to constant innovation and discovery to bring the best to our customers. We’re throwing a party, and you’re invited.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with development team to highlight any potential risk during development phase, Quality, cost Engineering and Vendor on expectations from brands.
- Establish processes for production execution, participate in Pre-production meeting, co-ordinate with Site QA to ensure product quality execution.
- Ensure that materials required for production are ordered and will arrive in time to meet production schedule.
- Closely works with brands’ Operation and Capacity planners to ensure capacity reservation and fulfilment.
- Act as interface between Brands and vendors, until Brands and Vendors are ready to work direct smoothly (New and Share Vendors)
- Collaborate with Product Development team for product development calendar, co-ordinating suppliers to drive on-time and correct prototypes and sales samples and follow up for approval comments from brand.
- Coordinate with Product Stewardship team for lab testing on materials, mock up’s and finished garment to ensure production to be able to start on schedule.
- To review overall sample production schedule and status in order to establish priorities and maximize sample production capacity.
- To verify and ensure accurate planning is received from factories and find solution for potential delays as soon as possible (sampling).
- Verification on vendor’s sample capacity to ensure they have sufficient capacity as required (Sampling)
- Verification samples (TOP Samples – Phase 1, PPS – Phase 2) and Salesman Sample pre-evaluation prior to dispatch.
- Sets up performance review meeting in monthly basis in perspective of ship ability and delivery against target. (Sampling).
- Responsible for monitoring sample delivery.
- Travel to supplier and work on site when requires.
Coaching and Management:
- Mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Talent development – understand teams’ strength, weakness and aspirations and supports individual development needs.
- Lead transparent communication and responsible and sustainable sourcing practices.
- Challenge the status quo, propose process improvement.
- Support Superiors for relevant task and project, and any task direct from management.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrates good business acumen and both short- and long-term thinking.
- Possesses deep functional knowledge, guide team in a meticulous manner.
- Good in production/Manufacturing processes
- Good apparel (Including Fabric) product knowledge, technical design, fabric and construction technologies.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Good communication skill (Influencing) – Ensure effective internal and external communications, drives consensus among stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
- Result oriented. Measures and formulates timely improvement actions, adopt creative ideas to create better outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fabric/materials and product’s manufacturing, with 5 years minimum holding managerial role in Sourcing.
- Degree in textile design, textile engineering or product management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.
- Frequent travel domestically and internationally should be expected.