Bushnell Golf created the first laser rangefinder for golf, and we have introduced every meaningful innovation since. As the dominant #1 Rangefinder in golf, used by 98% of PGA tour pros, Bushnell Golf is the definitive choice of golfers for Laser Rangefinders, GPS devices and Personal Launch Monitors. Bushnell golf is sold globally in the world’s most recognized golf retail outlets, in over 7,000 green grass accounts, and across several on-line outlets. Bushnell Golf is a Top 10 golfing brand with aspirations of leading the technology transformation underway in golf by offering meaningful technology solutions that enable performance improvement or entertainment for on & off-course golfers.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Director, Global Product Line-Golf to join our talented team. The primary responsibility of the role is to lead and manage a global team including the functional areas of sales, Marketing, R&D, Product Development & Management for the golf business within the Outdoor Products Segment of Vista Outdoor. This leader will achieve product line growth and profitability as well as own the financial success of the business through development and execution of the global golf strategy.
This position reports to the President and is based out of Overland Park, KS.
As the Sr. Director, Global Product Lane, you will have an opportunity to:
- Lead and manage global team to ensure corporate goals for P&L, sales/distribution, consumer awareness and adoption, and product development and innovation are met
- Develop Overall Business Unit Strategy: Develop and drive the strategic direction and execution of product innovation, competitive pricing, sales distribution, brand messaging, packaging, promotions, and effective business leadership.
- Develop and manage annual budget to achieve business goals effectively and efficiently.
- Product Planning: Conduct VOC and market research; build and execute annual and long-term roadmaps for each product line. Drive innovation through development and optimization of a product development funnel leading to new product commercialization (initial concept to product launch). Ensure that new product design maximizes margins.
- Marketing and Demand Creation: Develop and implement brand strategies. Work with marketing, communications, and sales to define go-to-market strategies providing guidance on product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
- Organization Management: Identify make/buy opportunities across the portfolio and leverage internal design and manufacturing capability. Execute business plan through resource optimization to deliver products on time and within cost targets.
- Work closely with external vendor portfolio to ensure goals are met this includes production/manufacturing partners, R&D partners, marketing advertising and public relations partners, external sales/distribution partners, external legal partners and external partners representing affiliate or strategic alliance opportunities.
- Financial Results: Responsible for overall performance of the business unit and the achievement of planned objectives.
- Work closely with and direct as the business requires all support organization – operations, sourcing, supply chain, finance, human resources and legal.
- Provide regular reporting for corporate leadership and its board of directors, as well as assist as needed with quarterly updates for stockholders.
- Hire and develop new team members as the business grows.
- Provide regular feedback to team members to ensure all are aligned on the vision and strategy set forth.
- 10+ years Business Unit/Product Line management experience in a rapid growth, world class organization with emphasis on R&D/product development.
- Experience in consumer durables leading business with hardware, software, mobility, and integrated product.
- Golf industry experience or at the minimum a passion for the game of golf.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and international – typically 25% – 40%
Prior experience must show demonstrated results in:
- Gaining market share in highly competitive environment
- Developing innovative products based on consumer insight
- Utilizing fact-based research and market analytics to guide decision making
- Building, leading and motivating teams
- Utilizing Lean culture methodologies as a business practice
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership – Capable of creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on company values, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems.
- Impact – Commanding attention and respect, showing an air of confidence without creating an air of superiority. Must have “executive presence” and be able to immediately establish credibility within the organization and with customers and partners.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with both direct and indirect (those outside the formal line of authority) organizations to accomplish company goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the team’s decisions; subordinating personal objectives to the objectives of the company or team.
- Developing Organizational Talent – Developing members’ skills and competencies by planning effective development activities related to current and future positions and needs.
- Organizational Awareness – Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, pressures, and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities, perceiving the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers. Being able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Communications – Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and inspire both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
- Integrity – Nothing less than 100 percent ethical conduct can be acceptable.
- High Energy—setting the example by the highest work ethic and passion to excel.
- Passion and strong desire for upward career mobility.
Pay Range: $139,100.00 – $224,100.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled