The Associate Director Product Category for Custom is responsible for the strategic direction of the category, delivering short and long-term plans to ensure growth and profitability. This position will develop and drive custom offerings, tools, products, and services that enable golfers to both maximize TaylorMade product performance and to personalize it if so desired. These strategic offerings ladder up to the companies overarching global growth initiatives around custom and personalization. This individual will create and lead the custom fit training content for all needed venues to ensure world class and consistent product knowledge. Develop initiatives to engage our consumers in a different way and provide tools to our sales force and other strategic partners.
This position requires a passionate golfer, a strategist, a creative mind, and inspirational leader with management skills. It will take a love of golf, desire for the new, quick decision making, thriving in constant-change and a passion for our brands to help lead TaylorMade into the future.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- In alignment with global product strategy, drive custom strategy and overall direction for custom fitting and product personalization.
- Actively in search of new revenue streams for customization or personalization of product. Work closely with category directors to determine categorical custom opportunities.
- Active leader in all special custom projects (i.e. MySpider, Stamped Wedges, Custom Swingweighting)
- In alignment with global product strategy, determine component direction and offerings- sku creation, costing, qualifying, build specs, build studies, communication of product, upcharges
- Manage relationship with established aftermarket component vendors along with exploration of new potential vendors.
- Provide direction on custom component forecasting and pricing. Work with finance and sales teams to manage and provide accurate information.
- Own management of custom component PDDs – Hub for all custom product information including specs, pricing, line plan calendar, etc.
- Own SelectFit PDDs – In alignment with global product strategy, develop global offerings. Understand regional market needs to determine the overarching offering.
- Creates all custom collateral and communication pieces, including custom order forms, catalogues, fitting manuals, shaft optimizer, etc.
- Work with global product teams to develop consumer trial strategies around new products. Develop creative and effective ways to showcase new product features and benefits. Identify global custom cart, bag and trial needs.
- Create fitting solution including fitting carts, launch monitors, and other support items.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of all training with regards to custom fitting and any technology that assists custom fitting, including materials and processes.
- Actively in the global markets researching and presenting products with an emphasis on custom fitting.
- Management of budget/resources relating to custom product and initiatives
- First point of contact to global product teams, service functions, eCommerce and media for all things custom. Work with internal departments including customer service, sales and marketing teams to create an efficient and highly functioning environment and consumer experiences.
- Develop and maintain a strong business relationship with key stakeholders
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
- B.A./B.S in Marketing, Business Administration or other related field
- 10+ years related business development experience
- Strong golf industry experience required; 5+ years of Golf related Custom Fitting/Sales experience.
- Demonstrated experience golf fitting technologies and understanding of new technology
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross functional teams to establish strong results-oriented partnerships, and gain consensus across differing perspectives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the custom building and fitting of golf equipment.
- Strong understanding of Golf equipment features and benefits.
- Outstanding management and leadership skills, building, developing and inspiring direct teams
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present to large groups
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing non-traditional channels in an overall connections strategy
- Proven ability to generate creative and progressive ideas
- Ability to address complex issues and improve process, techniques and product sales programs
- Proven results oriented background of performance achievement of goals.
- Excellent strategic planning skills and significant P&L exposure
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), Keynote & database applications (Oracle).
- Single digit golfer
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Primary office environment
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
- Occasional travel
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials (up to 25 pounds). Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
TaylorMade is a performance driven organization and our total rewards approach to compensation is designed to support this. We consider many factors in determining base compensation, including position scope, job related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. The expected annual base pay range for this position is $140,000 – $155,000. Additional benefits, such as health & wellness, performance bonuses, product discounts, holidays, paid time off, etc. may also be offered in accordance with our plans.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.