Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do
Our Co-Op Internship Program is designed to offer real world experience that builds off what you’ve learned in the classroom. We’re not looking for benchwarmers, we’re looking for future all stars who want to learn by doing.
We are currently seeking a Co-Op Engineering Intern, Golf to be located in Schiller Park, IL. Ideally, the selected candidate will alternate semesters of work and school, successfully completing 3 work sessions before finishing their degree. As a Co-Op, you will receive valuable working experience with the ability to apply the techniques that you learn, discovering your own interests in the engineering field, and being able to tailor your class schedules to match those interests when returning to school.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Here’s some of what you can expect during your internship:
- Work side-by-side with engineers in product development, laboratory testing, blue sky innovation, and new material research
- Projects may include club head testing, club performance analysis, development of test equipment and procedures.
- Opportunities to play-test equipment.
What We’re Looking For
The qualified candidate is currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and is majoring in General Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering.
Other qualifications include:
- Knowledge and passion for the game of golf.
- Pro-active self-start with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Siemens NX CAD software is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a testing/lab environment is preferred.
What We’ll Provide
Our Innovation Center is located in Schiller Park, IL. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- Summer hours
- Paid holidays
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.