Coeur d?Alene Indian Tribe-Owned Layout in the Idaho Panhandle Honored Again for its Excellence
(WORLEY, Idaho) – Circling Raven Golf Club, an amenity of the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel, was always intended to be a shining monument for the Coeur d’Alene Indians – to their heritage, to their land, to their people.
With the tribe’s goal to build and operate a world class golf club and resort which honors its people by its success, quality and paying homage to the tribe’s heritage and culture, it has steadfastly thrown its support behind Circling Raven.
The Coeur d’Alenes continue to be repaid for their support and vision.
Most recently this was reinforced by being rated No. 9 in Fairways + Greens Magazine’s “Signature 36” ranking of the best resort courses in the western U.S.
Courses from seven states and two Canadian provinces were rigorously evaluated. Courses were judged on overall design, memorability, playability, setting, conditioning, service, emotional engagement and total experience.
“Circling Raven just gets better with repeated plays,” stated the magazine in its best-of-the-West coverage (December 2007 issue). “Spread over 600 acres with nothin’ but nature surrounding it, Circling Raven rousts ancient, deep-seated feelings that border on the religious.”
Circling Raven ranked in the top 10 with acclaimed, iconic properties such as Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Pacific Dunes.
“Circling Raven and Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel are honored by this distinction,” says CDA Casino Resort CEO David Lasarte-Meeks. “Players are visiting us from all over the world and falling in love with Circling Raven’s beauty, conditioning and challenge. And the hospitality of the Coeur d’AleneTribe, along with our fine staff at the golf club and casino resort, is the icing on the cake.”
Among others, Circling Raven has garnered the following honors:
* Top U.S. Casino Resort Courses – Golfweek Magazine 2007 and 08
* America’s Top Golf Courses – Zagat Survey 2007-08 rankings
* Top-40 Casino Courses (No. 4) – Golf Digest 2007
* Top U.S. Casino Golf Courses – Golf For Women Magazine 2006
* No. 1 Best Course in State – Golfweek 2005-06 ranking
* No. 9 Signature 36 – Fairways + Greens Magazine 2007
* No. 1 Tribal Golf Course in America – Native American Casinos Magazine 2006
* Resort Merchandiser of the Year – Pacific Northwest Section PGA 2005
* Resort Merchandiser of the Year – Inland Empire Chapter of the PGA 04, 05, 06
* Top 10 Best New Upscale Public Courses – Golf Digest 2005
* No. 7 “Top 101 Golf Experiences in the West” – Fairways + Greens 2006
* Top 10 Courses You Can Play – Golf Magazine 2004
* Idaho Golf Trail – Member since 2004
• Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Program – Member since 2004
For more information about Circling Raven Golf Club (www.circlingraven.com) or Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel call 1-800-523-2464.
About Circling Raven Golf Club
Coeur d’Alene Tribe tribal history tells us that Circling Raven was a spiritually powerful leader, his name coming from his close relationship to the raven, who helped guide him on his journeys, warn him of danger and show him where to find fish and game.
Circling Raven was created amid a unique blend of wetlands, grasslands and woodlands. At 7,189 yards, the par 72 championship layout meanders through 620 acres, only 100 representing cultivated ground. Wildlife is abundant, including elk, deer, moose and an occasional black bear. In fact, the opening was delayed due to damage on two greens by migrating elk.
* Yardages: Gold, 7,189; Blue, 6,578; White, 6,108; Red, 5,389; Green, 4,708
* Total Acreage: 670 (including practice area, practice green and clubhouse)
* Amenities: The clubhouse is 6,500 square feet, including the Twisted Earth Grill and full service bar. Both locker rooms include showers and lockers. The practice facility covers 25 acres; separated into areas for wedges, sand play and all clubs in the bag. The resort adjacent to the course includes 202 hotel rooms, casino, events center, buffet, and restaurant, off track betting and conference/convention facilities.
* L93 Bent Grass Greens
* Bluegrass tees, fairways and rough
* Golf Carts: Equipped with a Global Positioning System
Dan Shepherd, Buffalo Communications, 703-891-3320, email@example.com