Coeur d?Alene Indian Tribe-Owned Layout in the Idaho Panhandle Honored Again for its Excellence
(WORLEY, Idaho) – Circling Raven Golf Club – the much-acclaimed gem and amenity of the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel in the Idaho panhandle near Spokane – was voted No. 2 in the 2008 Golfweek ‘Best Courses You Can Play’ state-by-state rankings which were unveiled this week.
Hundreds of Golfweek raters reviewed courses throughout America to identify the best in each state. They examined overall strength of routing, feature shaping, natural setting, greens, variety and memorability of holes, conditioning and maintenance, landscape management and other criteria.
Owned and operated by the Coeur d’Alene Tribe, Circling Raven honors its people by its success, quality and paying homage to the tribe’s heritage and culture.
“Circling Raven and Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel are honored by this distinction from Golfweek,” says CDA Casino Resort CEO David Lasarte-Meeks. “We built the course as an amenity to our resort, to honor the land and our tribe, our people. That we’re recognized as a top course is very gratifying and is consistent with our mission to offer our guests a top quality resort experience.”
Circling Raven is a member of the 10-course Idaho Golf Trail. Indicative of the strength collectively of the courses on the Trail, of the five Idaho courses ranked as “2008 America’s Best Courses You Can Play” in the state byGolfweek, all five of them are Idaho Golf Trail members. The other four are Osprey Meadows at Tamarack Resort,Coeur d’Alene Resort Course, Trail Creek Course at Sun Valley Resort, and Falcon Crest.
Among others, Circling Raven holds the following honors:
* Top 100 Courses You Can Play/One to Watch in 2008 – GOLF Magazine
* Top U.S. Casino Resort Courses – Golfweek Magazine 2007 and 08
* America’s Top Golf Courses – Zagat Survey 2007-08 rankings
* Top-40 Casino Courses (No. 4) – Golf Digest 2007
* No. 9 Signature 36 – Fairways + Greens Magazine 2007
* Top U.S. Casino Golf Courses – Golf For Women Magazine 2006
* No. 1 Tribal Golf Course in America – Native American Casinos Magazine 2006
* Resort Merchandiser of the Year – Inland Empire Chapter of the PGA 04, 05, 06, 07
* Idaho Golf Trail – Member since 2004
• Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Program – Member since 2004
For more information about Circling Raven Golf Club (www.circlingraven.com) or Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel call 1-800-523-2464.
About Circling Raven Golf Club
Coeur d’Alene Tribe tribal history tells us that Circling Raven was a spiritually powerful leader, his name coming from his close relationship to the raven, who helped guide him on his journeys, warn him of danger and show him where to find fish and game.
Circling Raven was created amid a unique blend of wetlands, grasslands and woodlands. At 7,189 yards, the par 72 championship layout meanders through 620 acres, only 100 representing cultivated ground. Wildlife is abundant, including elk, deer, moose and an occasional black bear. In fact, the opening was delayed due to damage on two greens by migrating elk.
* Yardages: Gold, 7,189; Blue, 6,578; White, 6,108; Red, 5,389; Green, 4,708
* Total Acreage: 670 (including practice area, practice green and clubhouse)
* Amenities: The clubhouse is 6,500 square feet, including the Twisted Earth Grill and full service bar. Both locker rooms include showers and lockers. The practice facility covers 25 acres; separated into areas for wedges, sand play and all clubs in the bag. The resort adjacent to the course includes 202 hotel rooms, casino, events center, buffet, and restaurant, off track betting and conference/convention facilities.
* L93 Bent Grass Greens
* Bluegrass tees, fairways and rough
* Golf Carts: Equipped with a Global Positioning System
Dan Shepherd, Buffalo Communications, 703-891-3320, firstname.lastname@example.org