2019 PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference Schedule Announced
50+ Education Sessions, New Conference Day Pattern & Savings up to 30 percent for early registration by Dec. 14
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – A new conference schedule of more than 50 education sessions focused on Executive Management, Golf Operations and Teaching & Coaching will be offered during the PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference in Orlando, Jan. 22-25, 2019. Up to 30 percent in early-registration savings, plus additional savings incentives for PGA Assistants and facilities with multiple registrants, are available through December, 14, 2018, for single session, single day, full conference and all-access education passes. Conference details and online registration are available at.
The 2019 PGA Show Education Conference will offer a full day of educational programming beginning Tuesday, Jan. 22, with hands-on Teaching & Coaching workshops at Orange County National Golf Center and classroom sessions focused on Executive Management and Golf Operations at the Orange County Convention Center. Additionally, education sessions on PGA Show Days, Jan. 23-25, will begin earlier at 7:30 a.m., and conclude by 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday (Jan. 23-24); and by noon on Friday (Jan. 25), to allow attendees to make the most of their time at the conference and exploring the newest merchandise on the PGA Show Floor.
“Unprecedented, national-level education opportunities are available during PGA Show Week in 2019,” said PGA of America Senior Director of Education and Organizational Development Dawes Marlatt, PGA. “The golf industry’s foremost experts will present topics that can immediately impact the teaching, management and golf operations success of participating conferees. The expanded conference schedule, streamlined content tracks and registration options allow for tremendous flexibility in maximizing your PGA Show Week schedule.”
2019 PGA Merchandise Show Education Conference
Education Tracks – Executive Management, Teaching & Coaching, Golf Operations
More than 50 classroom sessions will be offered in three education tracks – Executive Management, Teaching & Coaching and Golf Operations, Jan. 22-25, at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
· The Executive Management track features proven business experts sharing insights to develop a strategy that drives facility revenues, improves business efficiencies, fosters team building and spotlights leadership best practices.
· The Teaching & Coaching track is designed to help PGA Professionals enhance their teaching business, categorize player programs, and develop marketing and communication tactics for a fully integrated teaching and coaching service.
· The Golf Operations track focuses on customer service, tournament management, tee reservation services and merchandising, among other operations in the facility.
Outdoor Instructional Workshops
Hands-on instructional workshops return to PGA Show Demo Day and the range-side classroom, Tee #3, of Orange County National Golf Center (OCN) on Tuesday, Jan. 22, beginning at 10 a.m. and running through 4:30 p.m. The outdoor workshops focus on fitness and instruction in 2019.
- What are the Concepts, Skills & Steps to Teach and/or Learn the Swing? 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Mike Malaska, PGA, 2011 PGA Teacher of the Year
- Upper Extremity & Wrist Function for High-Performance Golf, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Lance Gill, Performance Director, Titleist Performance Institute Fitness Advisory Board; President, Lance Gill Performance
- Mark Blackburn, PGA, Director of Instruction, Greystone Country Club
- The Equipment Instruction Fit, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sean Hogan, Director of Instruction, Leadbetter Golf Academy
- Brett Meyer, Leadbetter Master Club Fitter & Certified Coach, Leadbetter Golf Academy
- Increasing Power & Distance in the Female Golfer, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- David Donatucci, M.ED. C.S.C.S., Owner, Florida Institute of Performance
PGA of America Specialized Program
PGA Professional leaders will have an opportunity to begin a specialized program within the 2019 PGA Show Education Conference at theprogram at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) on Tuesday, Jan. 22, from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. The program will be presented by PGA of America’s Director of Education Todd Sammons, PGA and Senior Faculty Member Eric Hogge, PGA.
New Incentive Savings and MSR Credits
PGA Show Education Conference registrants can save up to 30 percent by registering before Dec. 14, 2018. Additionally, facility conference registration discounts are available by offering a 50 percent discount to all subsequent same facility registrations after one regularly-priced, full-conference pass registration; and 50 percent off the total registration for three or more full conference pass registrations from the same facility. Also, PGA Assistants continue to receive a 50 percent discount for any Education Conference registration.
Online registration for single-session, single-day and full-conference and all-access passes is now available at. PGA Professionals are able to earn more than 40 MSR credits through participation in PGA Education, PGA Merchandise Show and PGA of America programs. PGA Show MSR Credits details are available at .
PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit presented by OMEGA
The biennial PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit presented by OMEGA, is an additional PGA Show Week education opportunity at the Orange County Convention Center, on Jan. 20-21. As the Association’s largest educational event for ideas and teaching methods, the Summit will feature some of the biggest names in sports to deliver meaningful, engaging, progressive, multi-dimensional presentations and content that focuses on the value of coaching, coach skill development, and the future of coaching. PGA Professionals can earn 16 PGA Education Credits by attending the two-day PGA Teaching & Coaching Summit. Registration is available on .
About the PGA Merchandise Show
The 66th PGA Merchandise Show, held Jan. 22-25, 2019, in Orlando, will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry’s annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Show Demo Day, the world’s largest professional golf testing event, will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at the Orange County National Golf Center. During PGA Show days, Jan. 23-25, at the Orange County Convention Center, PGA Professionals, retailers and industry leaders will uncover the latest trends, source the newest golf merchandise, test the latest equipment, learn proven business best practices, network among peers and move forward the business of the game. The PGA Merchandise Show, “the MAJOR of Golf Business,” is a trade-only event, not open to the public.
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Media: Sherry Major, (716) 662-3855,
PGA of America/Media: Michael Abramowitz, (561) 624-8458,