Ocean Isle, NC August 10, 2009 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
* Evolve Golf – maker of the No. 1 performance golf tee on Tour – confirms the winner of the PGA Tour’s Legends Reno-Tahoe Open relied on its patented Epoch tee.
* The Epoch golf tee has won 118 times on the major tours since its 2004 debut, including 43 wins on the PGA Tour.
* The Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.
* The Epoch has been scientifically proven via a series of rigorous independent robotic tests combined with extensive player testing to provide improvements of up to 12 yards distance and 9 yards accuracy.
* Not just built for performance, the Epoch – like all Evolve Golf products – is environmentally friendly. Made from recycled materials, the mower-friendly design is ten times more durable than its wooden counterparts.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“Our momentum on the PGA Tour shows no signs of slowing down,” says Evolve Golf Founder and CEO, BJ Maloy. “The world’s best players have discovered that using the Epoch is the easiest way to add distance and accuracy to their tee shots.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees and products are available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide — including Edwin Watts, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, and TGW.com. The Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
In early 2009, Evolve Golf introduced the Vireo-S3 constructed completely from environmentally-friendly materials. It features a wider, deeper cup for greater stability than traditional wood offerings and is the company’s first product to incorporate its groundbreaking marking system and coinciding proprietary Internet application – The Sweet Spot System – showing the proper tee height for consistent alignment between the golf ball and driver’s “sweet spot” (http://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php).
Company Founder and CEO BJ Maloy was named one of GOLF Magazine’s top-10 industry innovators of 2008. Maloy was chosen out of hundreds of pioneers for his contributions as an entrepreneur and his quest to enhance the environment through Evolve Golf’s revolutionary products. In 2009, he was honored as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” executives in the sporting goods industry by Sporting Goods Business magazine.
For more information please visit: www.evolvegolf.com or call 866.614.3158.
Bill Feidler (public relations representative)
+1 703 891 3339
BJ Maloy (media spokesperson)
+1 910 200 6206
Don Niepoth (sales and distribution)
+1 706 380 1998