ORLANDO, Fla., (Aug. 24, 2009) – Golfweek – the most authentic, authoritative and independent name in golf – today launched a complete redesign of its popular Web site, Golfweek.com. Debuting only months after Golfweek successfully redesigned its print publication, the new Golfweek.com offers enhanced interactive features, more user-friendly functionality and a sleek, modern design.
“The redesigned Golfweek.com site sets the industry standard by taking our coverage to new heights, all while offering a completely custom-tailored user experience,” said Dan Mirocha, managing editor of Golfweek.com. “To put it simply, our new site offers more in every way – more applications, more accessibility, more video and more content.”
Some of Golfweek.com’s enhanced new features are as follows:
• myGolfweek – From personalized settings and mobile alerts to social networking features and exclusive member benefits, myGolfweek lets visitors customize their very own Golfweek.com experience via free online user accounts.
• GolfweekTV – Complete with original programming and expert commentary, GolfweekTV now offers a bigger video player, expanded programming and dynamic new features, all in high definition.
• TheGolfBoards.com (powered by Golfweek) – Golfweek.com’s popular discussion boards move to TheGolfBoards.com, where users can voice their opinions and discuss all things golf.
• Staff and Reader Blogs – Favorite Golfweek blogs (and several new ones) have been upgraded to Web 2.0 standards, allowing users to keep tabs on the site’s most popular content.
• Search Engine Optimization – News and articles are now easier than ever to find in Golfweek.com’s newly improved search feature and are also more accessible through your favorite search engines.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled about the Golfweek.com redesign,” said Clayton Morris, president/publisher of Golfweek. “The new site not only continues to deliver the same great content that our audience of serious golfers demands, but also capitalizes on the latest trends and technologies, allowing Golfweek to further diversify its many offerings and expand its overall reach.”
About Golfweek Founded in 1975, Golfweek is the most authentic, authoritative and independent name in golf. Reaching more than 1.3 million readers each week, the magazine delivers the most complete news and information about the game, its players and the golf lifestyle – all to golf’s most important audience. The Golfweek brand also extends beyond the print publication to include Golfweek Custom Media, GolfweekHomes.com and Golfweek.com, which features golf’s first online television network, GolfweekTV. Golfweek is part of Turnstile Publishing Company, one of the nation’s leading media brands specializing in high-end publications for active and affluent audiences. Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Orlando, Fla., Turnstile Publishing Company is also the parent corporation of Community Media Holdings and the TurfNet Media Network, as well as such publications as Art Calendar, The Seminole Voice and The Winter Park/Maitland Observer.
Elizabeth Hawkins, Marketing Manager