(Londonderry, New Hampshire) – Renowned Danish shoemaker ECCO announces the redesign of its industry-leading Comfort Tech Van, which will serve as a core element of its ongoing, nationwide initiative to enhance retailer and consumer awareness of the company’s unique direct-injection technology.
Coinciding with arrival of the full 2010 ECCO golf shoe collection – including the top-selling hybrid sport-casual Golf Street – the new Comfort Tech Van will appear at numerous Tour events, trunk shows, ECCO days, promotions and demo days throughout the season. Featuring a sleek, modern exterior, the vehicle showcases large-scale images of ECCO staff player Aaron Baddeley and a component view of the luxurious World Class shoe.
A special Facebook page has been created for fans to stay up to date on appearances in their regions and will be updated on an on-going basis.
“Our philosophy is to help people experience the difference that enhanced comfort, performance and style can make to their games,” says C.B. Tuite, General Sales Manager, ECCO USA Golf Division. “The Comfort Tech Van plays a significant role in this grassroots process, which often takes place one shoe at a time. It’s a tremendous educational tool which provides discerning players and PGA Professionals the opportunity to receive a personalized trial of ECCO’s distinctive ‘Freedom Fit’ system.”
Managed by Technical Field Representative Mike McHugh, the Comfort Tech Van offers a full range of ECCO men’s and women’s shoes and a state-of-the-art interior, featuring a computerized kiosk designed to process special orders and plasma TV streaming video of ECCO staff players, product features and company history.
In addition to Baddeley, ECCO golf shoes are worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Fred Couples, Colin Montgomerie, Stuart Appleby, Arjun Atwal, Thongchai Jaidee, Thomas Bjorn, John Bickerton, Bradley Dredge, Carin Koch, Linda Wessberg and Iben Tinning.
Offering industry-best retailer margins, ECCO is a supporting partner of the PGA of America Golf Retirement Plus program and an official member of the Association of Golf Merchandisers.
Guaranteeing a level of quality that cannot be matched by any major footwear manufacturer, each ECCO golf shoe is made using a proprietary, direct-injection process. Touched by more than 225 sets of highly-skilled hands during production, each model is a testament to the brand’s unrivalled attention to detail that helps discerning players look, feel and play their best.
All ECCO golf shoes feature a network of built-in technologies to create the ideal platform for the perfect swing. These include a direct-injected, PU-constructed midsole/outsole that:
• Creates a one-piece shoe construction
• Ensures unrivaled durability, flexibility, lightness and weather resistance
• Provides a superior level of cushioning and comfort that does not break down over time, unlike commonly-used materials such as air, rubber and EVA foam
Optimal performance is further guaranteed by:
• Ultra-soft, high-grade leathers with hydrophobic treatments for superb weather-resistance
• Internal stabilizer to reduce torque and create ideal swing stability
• Double-layer insole with cushion that absorbs heel force to reduce stress on the knees, hips and back
• Internal Air-Circulation System to maintain a fresh, dry and cool foot environment
• Dynamic Energy Return System that provides a trampoline effect during foot-strike and follow-through to reduce fatigue and restore energy with each step
• Green-friendly outsole designs featuring molded traction bars combined with Stinger cleats from Champ and the Q-Lok insert system to provide ideal traction and grip
ECCO is a world leading brand with fashionable comfort quality shoes.
Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, ECCO is the only major shoe manufacturer to own and manage the entire value chain from cow to consumer. ECCO has more than 15,000 employees, direct subsidiaries in Europe, the Far East and North America, and partners worldwide.
Based on ECCO’s many years of tradition in shoemaking, ECCO delivers uncompromising comfort and design and the products are sold in more than 3,800 shops all over the world. In 2008, ECCO sold over 17.5 million pair of shoes and reached a turnover of DKK 5.4 billion. However, ECCO’s aim has never been to be the biggest — but always to be the best.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: visit www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.