Portland, Ore. (March 26, 2012) – The A Position.com continues its popular Golf Road Warriors series-an interactive multi-platform golf adventure-with a visit to Reynolds Plantation, outside Atlanta, today through March 31. Four journalists and a videographer will create and broadcast daily original content via a collection of websites, social media, podcasts, and radio that will be further disseminated by sponsor partners. The content will include short travelogues, videos, and reviews of courses, lodging, restaurants, and other attractions, as well as the observations of four seasoned golf journalists.
Sponsors for Golf Road Warriors: Reynolds Plantation include:
• Reynolds Plantation, host venue boasting six golf courses nestled along a 19,000 acre lake, with stunning homes, a world-class golf academy, The Ritz-Carlton Lodge and Spa, TaylorMade fitting lab known as “The Kingdom,” and accommodations ranging from five-star resort rooms to condos and cottages;
• Callaway Golf, one of the top brands in the golf industry, manufacturing clubs, shoes, balls, and other products;
• Grow The Game Golf, the first real-time scoring, live-event leaderboard and event-management system available on a smartphone;
• PerryGolf, a Georgia-based travel company providing expertly personalized golf and lifestyle travel experiences to twelve of the world’s most desirable destinations, including Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, and China;
• US Airways Magazine, which will publish feature-length stories about all Golf Road Warrior trips.
Golf Road Warriors: Reynolds Plantation will follow renowned broadcaster and golf historian Peter Kessler; long-time freelance writer Jeff Wallach; Brian McCallen, former travel editor of GOLF Magazine; and David Gould, book author and former editor of Travel + Leisure Golf. The journalists will take on 117 holes of golf at Reynolds in an on-going challenge that pits them against the creations of golf architects Tom Fazio, Jack Nicklaus, Bob Cupp, Jim Engh, and Rees Jones.
Check out other examples of the expansion of new media at Golf Road Warriors.com and at theAposition.com and GearEffectGolf.com. And look for the next installments of Golf Road Warriors-to Scotland and Northern Virginia- in May.
The A Position.com is a network of websites featuring the world’s best golf and travel writers. The term “The A Position” refers to the best place a golfer can land his tee shot. On the web, it refers to the site readers will want to land on for great golf and travel journalism.
Executive Editor/Managing Partner
Hunter Public Relations