(BLAKESLEE, PA) – Jack Frost National Golf Club, owned by Blue Ridge Real Estate Company (Blue Ridge) and managed by Billy Casper Golf (BCG), was recently named a “Top 50 U.S. Golf Courses in 2014” by GolfAdvisor, the trusted home of more than 200,000 reviews and recommendations for golfers by golfers.
The widely popular course in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains ranked No. 17 of more than 2,500 eligible courses with 4.7 (of five) stars. GolfAdvisor user-based reviews measure overall courses design, conditioning, customer service and affordability.
“Our golfers have spoken and GolfAdvisor agrees: Jack Frost National is one of America’s best courses,” says Keith DeVos, General Manager of Jack Frost National Golf Club. “Our dedicated team works hard to present immaculate conditions and deliver memorable experiences day in, day out.”
Meandering through mountainous terrain encompassed by a thick oak forest and offering majestic vistas, Jack Frost National quickly became a favorite among locals and visitors upon opening in 2007. Named a “Best New Course” by Golfweek, the 18-hole, par-72, 7,256-yard, Terry LaGree design presents wide fairways, easily identifiable target areas, few uneven lies and no blind shots. Its bite for better players comes from several elevation changes, some severe.
In addition, GolfAdvisor ranked Jack Frost National among the “Top 25 Conditioned Golf Courses in the U.S. in 2014.” Golfers continue to rave about pristine conditions from tee to green, placing it No. 24 on the list of the highest rated courses in America.
“We are thrilled Jack Frost National Golf Club has earned these distinctions from GolfAdvisor users,” stated Bruce Beaty, President of Blue Ridge. “The knowledgeable team at Billy Casper Golf truly understands what it takes to provide customers with a great golf experience.”
Two of many rave reviews by GolfAdvisor users:
• “My son(s) and I play Jack Frost 1 to 2 times per week. I think it’s by far the best course in the area. … Well maintained and always challenging. From the novice to expert … you’ll love your round at Jack Frost.”
• “I have the opportunity to play a lot of different golf courses and Jack Frost ranks in my top 5. EVERY single hole is amazing. This course’s layout and landscaping is one of the best in the Northeast for a newly made course … If you are in the Poconos region, this is a course you have to play!”
A renovated practice area features a two-tee short game area, putting green, chipping green with bunker and expansive, all-grass driving range.
More information: www.jackfrostnational.com, 570.443.2414.
About Billy Casper Golf
Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper, the company is the largest owner-operator of golf courses, country clubs and resorts in the U.S. with more than 150 properties in 28 states. Headquartered in Vienna, VA with regional offices across America, BCG directs all aspects of club operations, golf and grounds maintenance, staffing and training, clubhouse operations, food-and-beverage, merchandising, golf instruction, marketing and public relations, special events and financial management.
Billy Casper Golf divisions:
• Buffalo Brand Invigoration Group (formerly Buffalo Communications) manages public relations, strategy development, integrated marketing, social media and design for golf, sport and lifestyle brands, and destinations and communities (www.buffalobig.com).
• Buffalo Turf & Landscape Company provides golf course agronomic programs with a new fee-for-service structure that allows owners unfettered visibility into actual activities and costs.
• Women on Course is the nation’s premier golf-networking organization, further solidifying Billy Casper Golf’s commitment to grow female participation in the golf lifestyle (www.womenoncourse.com).
More information: www.billycaspergolf.com, 703.361.1444.
About Blue Ridge Real Estate Company
Established in 1911, Blue Ridge engages in real estate development and land sales. Over the past 30 years, Blue Ridge has developed resort residential communities at Jack Frost Mountain and Big Boulder Lake and Ski Resort in Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania. Blue Ridge developed the Jack Frost National Golf Club in 2007.
The properties of Blue Ridge and its subsidiaries consist of approximately 9,900 acres of land of which the majority is located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. Income is derived from these lands through leases, selective timbering by third parties, sales and other dispositions.
More information: www.brreco.com.
Billy Casper Golf / Buffalo Brand Invigoration Group