Howey in the Hills, Fla. The Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) Advisory Board met for its annual general meeting to review and assess academy performance and provide insights into continued improvement of coaching and development programs.
The Board is comprised of some of the world’s leading scientists in their field of expertise. Chaired by Dr. Fran Pirozzolo, a licensed consulting psychologist and mental skills coach, and hosted by Andrew Summers, CEO of BGGA, the event is a significant occasion for BGGA, as the management and coaching team learn and benefit from the depth of knowledge and extensive experience these researchers and educators bring to the BGGA junior golf academy environment. The BGGA Advisory board was formed in 2016 with only four board members and has grown to seven members in 2018. These key influencers and leading scientific minds assist BGGA in creating the premier junior academy environment in junior golf today.
“It is no different than investing in Research and Development,” says CEO Andrew Summers. “It is in BGGA’s culture to gather knowledge and learn from the best in class in our ongoing pursuit of excellence in youth development.”
BGGA’s distinguished board members include:
– Dr. Fran Pirozzolo, Licensed Consulting Psychologist and Mental Skills Coach
– Dr. Robert Bjork, Distinguished Research Professor, Department of Psychology, University of California, author of Successful Remembering and Successful Forgetting and Memory
– Dr. Bob Christina, Emeritus Dean & Professor, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
– Dr. Anders Ericsson, Professor of Psychology, Florida State University and author of Peak, the New Science of Expertise
– Dr. Tim Lee, Professor of Kinesiology, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, author of Motor Learning and Performance
– Trillium Rose, PGA & LPGA Professional, M.A. Motor Learning and Control, Director of Instruction at Woodmonth Country Club
– Dr. Robert Neal, CEO and inventor of Golf Biodynamics
For two days, BGGA coaches and management spent time with the Advisory Board, furthering their expertise in youth athletic development in an intimate learning environment. BGGA coaches and student-athletes benefit greatly from connecting with these leaders in their field.
About Bishops Gate Golf Academy
The Mission of the Bishops Gate Golf Academy (BGGA) is to inspire and build excellence of golf skill and character in our student-athletes. BGGA’s golf development program combines athletics and academics for high school and postgraduate students with boarding and non-boarding options. Our coaching team delivers a strong individualized program that combines technical, mental, strategic and physical development in an ongoing cycle of training, preparation and tournament competition. (bgga.com)