Carlsbad, Calif. – COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and design, today released the all-new version of the AIR-X franchise, their lightest hybrids and irons to date. The new AIR-X Models, made for both men and women, allow for easier speed creation and launch to improve performance for players with average to moderate swing speeds.
The COBRA AIR-X Irons are designed to take lightweight, super game improvement performance to new heights. Featuring improved H.O.T. Face technology, a new Speed Channel, and an updated profile, the new irons provide faster ball speeds, higher launch, and more carry distance than the previous AIR-X design.
The new 2024 AIR-X Irons feature the following game improving technologies:
- O.T. Face Technology – A new thickness pattern that is 15% thinner in the center and around the perimeter is designed with A.I. technology to create optimal ball speed and improved spin efficiency across the entire clubface.
- Progressive Low-Profile Design – Lower blade height on long and mid irons lowers the CG location and encourages easier launch and higher trajectory shots. Blade heights progress from lowest in the 4i to highest in the PW for more boring short iron shots and increased accuracy on approaches.
- Cavity Back Construction with New Speed Channel – A deep cavity back design and new speed channel create increased flexion low on the face (where most recreational players make contact), a higher launch, and increased overall distance.
- Offset Design – 10% more offset increases dynamic launch for higher ball flight and a steeper angle of descent into greens while also making it easier to square the club at impact for straighter shots.
- Premium Multi-Material Construction – An Aluminum and TPU Medallion work to dampen vibration, yielding a softer feel and improved sound at impact.
The Cobra AIR-X Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing.
- Men’s AIR-X Irons ($699 steel; $799 graphite) – 7-piece, stock 5-PW, GW iron set features an ULTRALITE steel shaft ($699); the 7-piece stock graphite combo set (4H, 5H, 6-PW in regular flex and 5H, 6H, 7-PW, GW in lite flex) features an ULTRALITE graphite shaft; both available in right-hand and left-hand versions in sleek Chrome/Red colorway. Men’s graphite iron sets are available in custom only for $799.
- Women’s AIR-X Graphite Combo Set ($799) – A 7-piece set features an ULTRALITE graphite shaft and includes two hybrids and five irons (5H, 6H, 7-PW, SW); available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in a striking Chrome/Cool Blue colorway.
The men’s and women’s AIR-X Hybrids featured in the combo sets are also available to purchase as stand-alone options. The AIR-X Hybrids feature similar technologies as AIR-X drivers and fairways with a lightweight construction and low-profile design along with:
- Forged H.O.T. Face Insert – A thinner face design with the H.O.T. Face Insert allows for more speed and consistency across the face.
- Back/Heel Weighting – A back and heel weighting help to improve draw bias and deliver straighter shots, easier launch, and higher trajectory shots.
- Offset Hosel Design – Allows the club to square at impact more easily for straighter shots and improved launch conditions.
The Men’s AIR-X Hybrids ($199) are available in 3H (19°), 4H (21°), 5H (24°), 6H (27°) and 7H (30°) (RH only). The Women’s AIR-X Hybrids ($199) are available in 4H (21°), 5H (24°), 6H (27°) and 7H (30°) (RH only) in ladies flex.
COBRA’s AIR-X clubs are also available in a complete set that comes standard with a premium cart bag, featuring a 14-way top with 4 full length dividers:
- AIR-X Men’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – The set includes the choice of lite flex, featuring an 11.5° driver, or a regular flex set featuring a 10.5° driver. The standard complete set comes with a Driver, 3W, 4H, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA blade putter. Available in right hand only in a Revolver Grey/Red colorway.
- AIR-X Women’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – Comes standard with a premium cart bag, 15° Driver, 3W, 5W, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA mallet putter. Available in right-hand only in a Black/Cool Blue colorway.
AIR-X Complete individual clubs and complete sets will be available beginning October 6 at retail and starting on October 3 on cobragolf.com.
COBRA PUMA GOLF is a corporate division of PUMA, one of the world’s leading sports brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories. COBRA PUMA GOLF is an inclusive company, promoting game enjoyment for golfers of all abilities, attitudes and styles. The brands full-range portfolio includes COBRA Golf’s high-performance drivers, fairways, hybrids, irons, putters, and wedges, as well as PUMA Golf’s sport lifestyle inspired footwear, apparel and accessories. Fusing performance and style, COBRA PUMA GOLF brings a focus on innovation, technology, compelling design and superior performance with an edge to the global golf marketplace. For more information, visit cobragolf.com and cobragolf.com/pumagolf.
Jamie Kuhn, CPG, email@example.com
Mike Chwasky, JDPR, firstname.lastname@example.org