Carlsbad, Calif. – Cobra Golf®, a leader in golf club innovation and design, today released an all-new version of the highly successful AIR-X family of drivers and fairways. Featuring a lightweight design with cutting edge technologies, the goal of the AIR-X line is to help players with smooth tempos and average to moderate speeds improve both distance and accuracy via easier launch, higher trajectories, and a straighter ball flight.
The new AIR-X Driver employs the following technologies to increase speed and accuracy:
- O.T. Face Technology – A 15% thinner H.O.T. Face Insert provides even more speed and distance than the previous AIR-X driver.
- Lightweight Design – At just 290g including a 41g grip and 50g shaft, the AIR-X driver is approximately 40g lighter than a standard weight Aerojet driver, making it easier to swing for average and moderate speed players.
- Offset Design – An offset hosel encourages a square clubface at impact to reduce a slice or create a draw, as well as easier launch and straighter, higher trajectory shots.
- Back/Heel Weight – A 26g weight has been added to the back and heel of the club head (13g in each area) to provide improved MOI (over 5000 g/cm2) and forgiveness, create more heel bias, encourage higher launch, and reduce slice spin.
Cobra’s new AIR-X fairways feature the same high-performance technologies as the drivers including back/heel weighting for increased forgiveness and a slight draw bias as well as a forged H.O.T. Face insert for increased ball speed and longer overall distance. A low-profile design lowers the CG to encourage easier launch from a variety of lies while an offset hosel promotes square contact and straighter shots.
COBRA’s AIR-X Drivers and Fairway Woods are available as stand-alone products or as part of a 12-piece Complete Set. See below for details:
- Men’s AIR-X Driver ($349) – Available with a COBRA ULTRALITE 40 shaft in a sleek Black/Arsenal Red colorway. Player’s choice of offset or straight neck hosel. Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
- Men’s AIR-X Fairways ($229) – Available with COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in Black/Arsenal Red colorway. Available lofts include 16° (3W), 19° (5W) in right and left-hand and 22° (7W) in right-hand only.
- Women’s AIR-X Driver ($349) – Available in offset hosel only with a COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in a Black/Cool Blue colorway. Available lofts include 11.5° and 15° in both right and left-handed options.
- Women’s AIR-X Fairways ($229) – Available with a COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in Black/Cool Blue colorway. Available lofts include 19° (3W), 22° (5W) in right and left-hand and 26° (7W) in right-hand only.
COBRA’s AIR-X clubs are also available in a complete set that comes standard with premium cart bag, featuring a 14-way top with 4 full length dividers.
- AIR-X Men’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – The set includes the choice of lite flex shafts, featuring an 11.5° driver, or regular flex shafts with a 10.5° driver. The standard complete set comes with a Driver, 3W, 4H, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA blade putter. Available in right hand only in a Revolver Grey/Red colorway.
- AIR-X Women’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – Comes standard with a premium cart bag, 15° Driver, 3W, 5W, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA mallet putter. Available in right-hand only in a Black/Cool Blue colorway.
AIR-X driver, woods, and complete sets will be available beginning October 6 at retail and on cobragolf.com starting on October 3.
COBRA PUMA GOLF is a corporate division of PUMA, one of the world’s leading sports brands, designing, developing, selling and marketing footwear, apparel and accessories. COBRA PUMA GOLF is an inclusive company, promoting game enjoyment for golfers of all abilities, attitudes and styles. The brands full-range portfolio includes COBRA Golf’s high-performance drivers, fairways, hybrids, irons, putters, and wedges, as well as PUMA Golf’s sport lifestyle inspired footwear, apparel and accessories. Fusing performance and style, COBRA PUMA GOLF brings a focus on innovation, technology, compelling design and superior performance with an edge to the global golf marketplace. For more information, visit cobragolf.com and cobragolf.com/pumagolf.
Jamie Kuhn, CPG, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Chwasky, JDPR, email@example.com