Carlsbad, Calif. (June 19, 2020) Cobra Golf today introduced its new Limited-Edition Pars & Stripes SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE Xtreme Drivers, available for a short time in a new color scheme that celebrates America and pulls inspiration from our national championship, featuring a white crown, with red and blue highlights on the sole, and an exclusive blue PVD milled infinity face. The Pars & Stripes LE Drivers, available beginning today on cobragolf.com and at key retailers, incorporate an upgraded Fujikura Ventus Blue shaft, a Lamkin Crossline Connect – Red/White/Blue grip, and all the key technologies and design attributes utilized in the in-line SPEEDZONE drivers.
LE Pars & Stripes SPEEDZONE™ Driver Specifications:
|Model||MyFly8® Loft Settings|
|9o Driver||7.5, 8.0, 8.0 Draw, 9.0, 9.0 Draw, 10, 10.0 Draw, 10.5|
LE Pars & Stripes SPEEDZONE™ XTREME Driver Specifications:
|Model||MyFly8® Loft Settings|
|10.5o Driver||9.0, 9.5, 9.5 Draw, 10.5, 10.5 Draw, 11.5, 11.5 Draw, 12.0|
Both Limited Edition Pars & Stripes SPEEDZONE Drivers ($549) are available in stiff and regular, RH only (X-stiff available in custom).
Below is a rundown of the six zones of performance COBRA delivers in its full SPEEDZONE Driver line.
- POWER ZONE – CNC Infinity Milled Face – the face is the engine of the driver and is crucial for generating speed. Using the only CNC Milled Face in a driver, COBRA has expanded the milled area of the face by 95% enabling them to control face & leading-edge thickness. Face and perimeter curvature can be up to 5 times more precise than traditional face polishing. In addition, every face is 100% inspected to ensure a larger SPEEDZONE across the face for maximum ball speed.
- STRENGTH ZONE – COBRA’s SPEEDZONE drivers feature a new Titanium T-Bar Speed Chassis. COBRA engineers removed unnecessary titanium to create more discretionary weight while maintaining a strong structure designed to withstand high speed collisions. The discretionary weight is utilized to create low CG and high inertia resulting in fast, forgiving performance.
- LIGHT ZONE – The new SPEEDZONE chassis allows for more carbon fiber than ever before. A 360 Carbon Wrap Crown design makes up 50% of the driver body, providing ample stiffness and support to the chassis while saving 25 grams of discretionary weight. That weight has been repositioned low and back and around the perimeter where it is needed most.
- LOW CG ZONE – Low CG is essential for driver performance, delivering maximum ball speed, higher launch & low spin. In the KING SPEEDZONE driver, COBRA continues to deliver a low CG for optimal performance, similar to the 2019 SPEEDBACK driver. In the SPEEDZONE driver, 69 grams of mass (vs. 40 in SPEEDBACK) has been strategically positioned low in the driver for optimal launch conditions.
- AERO ZONE – combining aerodynamics with a low center of gravity continues to be a strength that COBRA delivers with its drivers. The new SPEEDZONE shaping harnesses airflow for maximum drag reduction and increased clubhead speed.
- STABILITY ZONE – High speed stability is both important in racing and in driver performance. SPEEDZONE’s High MOI Design positions weight away from the center of the head to maximize stability on off-center hits for longer, straighter drives.
The KING SPEEDZONE Driver offers a traditional shape profile with front to back CG adjustability allowing better players to work the ball with ease and fine tune launch and low spin without sacrificing forgiveness. The KING SPEEDZONE XTREME Driver is perfect for golfers who are looking for a consistent, straight trajectory with maximum forgiveness on off-center hits. As COBRA’s more forgiving option XTREME features a slightly larger shape profile with more perimeter weighting and a 17-gram tungsten weight that sits behind the rear exhaust pipe design to achieve the company’s highest measured MOI to date.
These LE Drivers along with the full KING SPEEDZONE family of products including irons, fairways and hybrids) will continue to employ COBRA CONNECT™ Powered by Arccos, the award-winning smart golf system that helps players of all skill levels make smarter, data-driven decisions. Electronically enabled sensors are embedded into the grip, automatically recording the distance and accuracy of every shot so golfers can track performance round-to-round and use analysis to improve practice sessions. Golfers also have access to Arccos Caddie, which utilizes Artificial Intelligence to make better on-course decisions for lower scores. Golfers who use Arccos Caddie typically improve, on average, 3.6 strokes on their handicap in the first year.
For more information on the full KING SPEEDZONE family visit, www.cobragolf.com.
Rachel Rees, COBRA PUMA GOLF, email@example.com, cell: 760.710.7434
Jared Kelowitz, JDPR, firstname.lastname@example.org, cell: 864.901.2957