Golf Weather Impact: December GPH crazy good, November Utilization hits the wall
December Golf Playable Hours (GPH) were double-digit positive registering +29% vs. Year-Ago (YA). That dragged the national Year-to-Date (YtD) GPH figure moderately higher resulting in a fractional gain for the year vs. YA (+1%).
Played Rounds for November as published by Golf Datatech registered a fifth consecutive month of unfavorable “comps” vs. ’20 and the -18% decline was more in line with our expectations back in Q3.
A broader description of the December weather and November Utilization results can be found at our website in the Featured Items section or you can get the full picture by subscribing to either the Pellucid Publications Membership or the Geographic Weather Impact report. Both provide the 45 regional breakdowns, the 61 markets figures, the day-of-week weather impact and the Year-End National GPH forecast figure as well as our full commentary on the results every month.
Another avenue for seeing your weather-adjusted performance is our recently-launched facility comparative performance and local market benchmarking tool, the Golf Market Research Center (GMRC). Several recent subscribers have commented that they had some “use-it-or-lose-it” funds at the end of this successful year so they’ve invested $500 of it toward better information & insights! Program participants have been able to view graphic, single page monthly trend reports for Rounds and Utilization from ’19-’21 as well as having a 7 measure KPI single page report for any month and YtD period for which they entered data. The GMRC gives you visibility to your Market Profile and, after you enter your Rounds, Golf Revenue and Peak Season GF Rate by month, to immediately see your results through our comparative reports with integrated weather impact. So how do you “get in on the action”? Glad you asked…
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, to subscribe (see below for benefits) and get started by inputting your information through December or if you’d like to engage in the 2-wk trial
- If you’d like more information you have two options:
Here’s the details on what you get in the current Promo:
- GMRC Market profile (golfers, supply/mix/demand balance, Utilization etc.)
- Monthly trends report (Rounds & Utilization, any month and YtD ’19-’21)
- KPI Scorecard (7 KPIs for month & YtD, single page, Year Ago comparisons)
- Cognilogic (historical facility-specific Golf Playable Hours and Capacity Rounds, normally sold as separate service at $180/yr) and
- Foresight (brand new, facility-level 60-day Capacity Rounds forecast and key weather variables used to produce it, normally sold separately at $360/yr)
- We think this package of services including GMRC at $500/yr ($450 for NGCOA members) is a great value and timely for assessing ’21’s performance and beginning your ’22 planning
Final cherry-on-top, GMRC is a product in the NGCOA SmartBuy program so there’s a member benefit (10% discount) for the annual subscription.