Designs To Be Worn By Stenson, Van Rooyen This Week
(LONDONDERRY, NH) – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – has unveiled special editions of the ECCO S-THREE hybrid shoe to be worn by ECCO GOLF ambassadors, Erik van Rooyen and Henrik Stenson, at the year’s final major championship.
A revolutionary hybrid model that blends on-course performance with off-course style, the custom-designed S-THREE pairs feature a green collar and unique midsole coloring to mark the occasion. The shoe’s uppers are crafted from thicker ECCO SOFT performance leather, made in ECCO’s own tanneries, with 100 percent waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX technology that keeps feet dry and comfortable in all conditions.
The S-THREE model boasts the latest breakthrough in direct injection innovation, ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ TECHNOLOGY, which creates a molded midsole with three distinct zones of softness to ensure the right balance of cushioning and stability exactly where you need it. Due to the advanced multi-section injection process, the midsole of every pair of S-THREE shoes has unique color transitions between the different sections.
S-THREE demonstrates ECCO GOLF’s dedication to innovation through a pioneering set of features and benefits, including:
- ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ TECHNOLOGY applied in the polyurethane midsole that creates three different zones with three separate levels of rigidity
- Zone 1- Comfort: Heel of the midsole is engineered for medium softness to ensure greater cushioning and comfort
- Zone 2 – Stability: Central part of the midsole has higher levels of rigidity to deliver outstanding lateral stability throughout the swing
- Zone 3 – Flexibility: Forefront of the midsole comes with the highest level of softness for guaranteed walking comfort and flexibility
- It also creates an integral, flexible and durable bond without the compromises common with conventionally stitched and/or glued assemblies
- Highly breathable and 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX technology that prevents moisture from penetrating the shoe, while also allowing natural moisture to escape
- A double layer of neoprene in the collar and heel provides increased padding for additional wearing comfort throughout the swing while ECCO FLUIDFORM™ Direct Comfort Technology ensures a finely tuned balance of cushioning and rebound
S-THREE uppers sit atop the award-winning ECCO DYNAMIC TRACTION SYSTEM™ (E-DTS™) outsole that provides more than 100 traction bars and 800 traction angles for excellent grip in all playing conditions.
All ECCO GOLF shoes are crafted at company-owned factories that utilize FLUIDFORM™ technology to bond the upper and outsole unit, creating a one-piece shoe without the use of glue or stitching. Benefits include flexibility, durability and a lightweight construction.
ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Henrik Stenson, Thomas Bjørn, Fred Couples, Erik van Rooyen, Doc Redman, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and Caroline Masson, among others.
ECCO is one of the world’s leading shoe brands combining style and comfort. ECCO’s success is built on products with a great fit and top-quality leathers. ECCO owns and manages every aspect of the value chain from tanneries and shoe manufacturing to wholesale and retail activities. ECCO’s products are sold in 88 countries from over 2,000 ECCO shops and more than 14,000 sales points. ECCO is family-owned, founded in Denmark in 1963, and employs more than 20,000 people worldwide. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.