Golf Yeah Interviews Marty Carr; Founder and CEO of Carr Golf Group
Golf Yeah – the podcast and website that showcases people who’ve built successful companies and careers based on their love for the game – has published its interview with Marty Carr, founder and CEO of Dublin-based Carr Golf Group.
In his discussion with Golf Yeah, Marty describes what life was like growing up in the shadow of his father, Joe (J.B.) Carr – recognized as Ireland’s greatest amateur golfer of all time – and how he has built Carr Golf into one of the industry’s most respected operators of customized golf tours. Interview highlights include:
- Marty’s explanation of why, “I’ve got the name, but not the game.”
- His initial career path as a financial advisor in the US and Ireland
- The backstory behind how and why Carr Golf was started, and expanded into other lines
- The increased competitive challenges of running a golf travel and events business
- Why Americans and the Irish “get each other”
- Key differences between golfing in Ireland and Scotland
- Why his Father & Son, and Father & Daughter World Invitational Golf tournaments have been so successful
- What Marty would like to say to his father now
- “Tough love” advice for someone who’s thinking about starting a golf business
Commenting on the interview with Carr, Golf Yeah’s Podcast Host and Editor, Gordon G. Andrew, said that, “Whatever Marty lacks in terms of golfing prowess, he has certainly made up for, in terms of business acumen. And the secret to Marty’s success is that he puts people ahead of profitability, and that resonates with his employees and his clients.”
In addition to Marty Carr, recent Golf Yeah podcast guests have included:
- New York Times Bestselling Author, Tom Coyne
- com Founder and CEO, Tom Cox
- Green Jacket Auctions co-owner, Ryan Carey
- Matt Kucher’s PGA Tour caddie, John Wood
- Golf Course Photographer, Evan Schiller
Next up on Golf Yeah is Scottish golf legend Paul Lawrie, winner of The Open Championship at Carnoustie in 1999. To listen to these and other podcast interviews, and to subscribe to future podcasts free of charge, visit www.golfyeah.com. To suggest an individual who might be an interesting Golf Yeah podcast guest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (908) 879-3800.
Gordon G. Andrew
Highlander Consulting Inc.
Princeton, New Jersey