Golf Yeah Interview with Green Jacket Auctions’ Owner Explains Feud with Tiger Woods, August National Controversy, its name change, and more
Golf Yeah – the podcast and website that showcases people who’ve built successful companies and careers based on their love for the game – has just published its interview with Ryan Carey, owner of Green Jacket Auctions, the leading online purveyor of golf memorabilia.
In his discussion with Golf Yeah, Carey provides behind-the-scenes insights into the company that he and his partner, Bob Zafian, have built over the past 13 years, including:
- The public showdown with Tiger Woods that changed the company’s future
- Ryan’s “official” announcement on GJA’s recent dispute with Augusta National Golf Club
- Why the company intends to change its name from “Green Jacket Auctions”
- GJA’s response to purchase offers it’s received from investors and private equity firms
- The rationale for its online archive of every item that’s ever been sold on GJA
- How GJA took the market for autographed golf items away from Ebay
- Simple advice for people interested in starting a collection of golf memorabilia
Commenting on the Carey interview, Golf Yeah’s Podcast Host and Editor, Gordon G. Andrew, said that, “This is the type of individual we love to showcase. Ryan was a practicing lawyer who met his future business partner online, based on their shared interest in golf. Together they’ve built the largest auction house of its kind, and expanded into related services, including appraisals, authentication and private searches for hard to find collectables. It’s a great story, and Ryan tells it very well.”
In addition to Ryan Carey, recent Golf Yeah podcast guests have included:
- Veteran Sportswriter & Author, Hank Gola
- Shivas Irons Society Executive Director, Ben Kline
- Golf course Photographer, Evan Schiller
- Western Golf Association President & CEO John Kaczkowski
- Rutgers University Turf Management Expert, Professor William A. Meyer
To listen to those and other podcast interviews, and to subscribe to its future podcasts free of charge, visit www.golfyeah.com. To suggest an individual who might be an interesting Golf Yeah podcast guest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (908) 879-3800.
Gordon G. Andrew
Highlander Consulting Inc.