“The Wedge Guy” and Founder of Edison Golf
Golf Yeah – the podcast and website that showcases people who’ve built successful businesses and careers based on their love for the game – has published its interview with Terry Koehler (pronounced KAY-ler), who is recognized throughout the golf industry as “The Wedge Guy,” for his expertise and innovation in wedge design.
In his discussion with Golf Yeah, Terry describes his career journey from marketing golf equipment, to heading up Ben Hogan Golf Company, and coming out of retirement in 2019 to establish Edison Golf, which produces Edison™ Forged wedges. Interview highlights include:
- The origins of Terry’s interest in exploring how things work, and in craftsmanship.
- Why there has been such a consistent lack of innovation in wedge technology.
- Terry’s rationale for making wedges for the average golfer, and why they would not be effective for Tour players.
- The rationale and logistics behind Edison’s “Custom Demo Offer.”
- How many wedges, and what lofts, the average golfer should carry.
- If he had one last round to play, what course he would play on.
- Terry’s most significant source of personal inspiration over the years.
Commenting on the interview with Terry Koehler, Golf Yeah’s Podcast Host and Editor, Gordon G. Andrew, said that, “Terry is an independent thinker who has devoted a good portion of his life to the study and improvement of wedges. He believes that wedge technology has been largely ignored by the big golf equipment manufacturers, and he is determined to address that void through Edison Golf.” Listen to Terry’s interview here: https://golfyeah.com/episodes/terry-koehler/
In addition to Terry Koehler, recent Golf Yeah podcast guests have included:
- Jane Spicer, Founder and CEO of Daphne’s Headcovers
- Marty Carr, Founder and CEO of Carr Golf Group
- New York Times Bestselling Author, Tom Coyne
- com Founder and CEO, Tom Cox
- Golf Course Photographer, Evan Schiller
Next up on Golf Yeah is Donna Hoffman, who is Founder and President of “Women on Course,” a national organization that, over the past 15 years, has engaged women in the golf lifestyle by highlighting the social, business and fitness benefits of the game. Donna’s organization produces more than 1,000 events across the country each year.
To listen to these and other podcast interviews, and to subscribe to future podcasts free of charge, visit www.golfyeah.com. To suggest an individual who might be an interesting Golf Yeah podcast guest, contact email@example.com or call (908) 879-3800.
Gordon G. Andrew
Highlander Consulting Inc.
Princeton, New Jersey