Golf Yeah Interviews Golf eCommerce Pioneer Tom Cox; Founder and CEO of Golfballs.com
Golf Yeah – the podcast and website that showcases people who’ve built successful companies and careers based on their love for the game – has just published its interview with golf eCommerce pioneer Tom Cox, the Founder and CEO of Golfballs.com, which was one of the first and most successful online marketplaces for personalized golf products.
In his discussion with Golf Yeah, Tom discusses how it was his passion for business, rather than his love for the game of golf, that drove him to create Golfballs.com. He also provides insights into his successes as an entrepreneur and business owner, and offers practical advice for people who aspire to start their own ventures. Interview highlights include:
• How Tom came to connect the dots between two concepts — used golf balls and internet marketing — to create Golfballs.com
• Behind the scenes insights into the world of used golf balls
• What happened in the market that caused Tom to change his business model
• The value of owning the golfballs.com domain, and why he also acquired golfball.com
• Why most people do not pay an additional fee for customizing their golf balls
• What types of things that Tom refuses to imprint on a golf ball
• The key to success in running a business with 120 employees
• The next step in Tom’s plan for Golfballs.com
• Why Tom invests so much time helping other entrepreneurs to succeed
Commenting on the Tom Cox interview, Golf Yeah’s Podcast Host and Editor, Gordon G. Andrew, said that, “Tom’s ability to see opportunity, to connect the dots, and to adjust quickly to market conditions, are classic traits of a successful entrepreneur. What makes Tom special is his dedication to sharing what he’s learned with other aspiring business owners.”
In addition to Tom Cox, recent Golf Yeah podcast guests have included:
– New York Times Bestselling Author, Tom Coyne
– Veteran Clubfitter, Woody Lashen
– Eric Cogorno, Online Golf Instructor
– Green Jacket Auctions co-owner, Ryan Carey
– Matt Kucher’s PGA Tour caddie, John Wood
– Golf Course Photographer, Evan Schiller
Next up on Golf Yeah is Scottish golf legend Paul Lawrie, winner of The Open Championship at Carnoustie in 1999. To listen to these and other podcast interviews, and to subscribe to future podcasts free of charge, visit www.golfyeah.com. To suggest an individual who might be an interesting Golf Yeah podcast guest, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (908) 879-3800.
Gordon G. Andrew
Highlander Consulting Inc.
Princeton, New Jersey