Created by and for the Everyday Golfer, a Full Menu of Lists Rank Courses in Categories, including Top 50, by State, Most Improved, Pace of Play, Staff Friendliness, Course Conditions, and More
“Golfers’ Choice 2022” Lists Feature Largest Number of Reviews Ever, as well as Expanded Coverage to Include the U.K. & Ireland, Canada and Mexico
NBC Sports Next is the Sports Technology Division of NBC Sports Dedicated to the Development of Innovative Products and Services for Golf, Youth Sports, and Betting & Gaming
ORLANDO, Fla. – Unveiled from more than 320,000 reviews covering multiple categories from “Top 50” to “Staff Friendliness,” the Golfer’s Choice 2022 lists – for golfers, by golfers – debuts today on NBC Sports Next’s GolfPass.
The annual reveal features GolfPass’ most popular and most anticipated lists, which are determined by recreational golfers who shared their reviews throughout the previous year. Unlike golf course rankings published by industry insiders who have access to golf courses the public may never have the opportunity to play, GolfPass’ Golfers’ Choicelists are totally consumer-driven – by recreational golfers, for recreational golfers. Ages, handicaps and budgets of golfers using the website run the gamut, so the 1 million-plus reviews GolfPass has accumulated showcase the golf course characteristics that are the most important to avid golfers across the country.
This year’s lists include the most reviews ever and have expanded to include individual U.S. states plus Canada, the U.K. & Ireland, and Mexico. In addition to its flagship “Top 50” list, Golfers’ Choice also recognizes top American courses in 10 other categories:
- Best Layout
- Best Conditions
- Best Value
- Best Pace of Play
- Best Off-Course Amenities
- Friendliest Staff
- Most Improved Courses
- Best Short Courses
- Best College Courses
- Best Military Courses
What makes Golfers’ Choice lists unique and interesting are the potential for volatility year-to-year due to changes in consumer preferences. These swings can depend on a variety of factors – from course conditioning to new pricing. This year’s “Top 50” list includes nine new courses within the top 10 that were not included last year, and 40 courses that were not included on 2021’s overall list.
“We continue to be impressed and honored by the enthusiasm of this growing community and their willingness to share great course discoveries and insider advice with their fellow golfers,” said GolfPass Senior Writer Tim Gavrich. “These lists showcase tremendous variety in the game, from bucket-list facilities that consistently over-deliver on the promised experience to hometown favorites that inspire locals and visitors alike, whether with consistently excellent conditions, especially friendly staff or a particularly interesting course layout. With green fees ranging from less than $40 to more than $500, our Golfers’ Choice ‘Top 50’ list reflects golfer insight into the whole experience in a unique and useful way.”
More than 4,300 golf courses received the minimum 10 reviews in 2021 to qualify for consideration and all Golfers’ Choice lists are based on more than 320,000 user-generated reviews received throughout the year.
Below is GolfPass’ Golfers’ Choice list of the “Top 50” golf courses in the U.S. for 2022. Lists from additional categories can be found on the GolfPass website. An asterisk signifies the 27 courses which have never previously appeared on the list:
- Lakewood National Golf Club (Commander Course) – Lakewood Ranch, Fla.
- Copper Canyon Golf Club – Buckeye, Ariz.
- The Highlands at Dove Mountain – Marana, Ariz.
- *Lakewood National Golf Club (Piper Course) – Lakewood Ranch, Fla.
- Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort (Snow Mountain Course) – Las Vegas, Nev.
- *Bahia Beach Resort & Golf Club – Rio Grande, P.R.
- *The Club at Lac La Belle – Oconomowoc, Wisc.
- Juliette Falls – Dunnellon, Fla.
- *Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando, Grande Lakes – Orlando, Fla.
- University of Georgia Golf Course – Athens, Ga.
- Wynn Golf Club – Las Vegas, Nev.
- *Sandy Pines Golf Club – De Motte, Ind.
- *Tiburón Golf Club (Gold Course) – Naples, Fla.
- *Miacomet Golf Club – Nantucket, Mass.
- Quail Lodge Resort & Golf Club – Carmel, Calif.
- Heron Glen Golf Club – Ringoes, N.J.
- Incline Village Golf Resort (Championship Course) – Incline Village, Nev.
- *Glacier View Golf Course –West Glacier, Mont.
- Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort (Sun Mountain Course) – Las Vegas, Nev.
- Pinehills Golf Club (Jones Course) – Plymouth, Mass.
- *Reunion Resort (Palmer Course) – Kissimmee, Fla.
- *Glacier Wood Golf Club – Iola, Wisc.
- Midland Golf Club – Kewanee, Ill.
- Desert Willow Golf Resort (Firecliff Course) – Palm Desert, Calif.
- Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort (Wolf Course) – Las Vegas, Nev.
- *Geneva National Golf Club (Player Course) – Lake Geneva, Wisc.
- Indian Wells Golf Resort (Celebrity Course) – Indian Wells, Calif.
- *Jennings Mill Country Club – Bogart, Ga.
- *White Bluff Golf Club (New Course) – Whitney, Texas
- *Royal Hylands Golf Club – Knightstown, Ind.
- Cantigny Golf – Cantigny, Ill.
- *Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course – Stateline, Nev.
- *Tullymore Golf Club – Stanwood, Mich.
- *Otter Creek Golf Course – Columbus, Ind.
- *Pelican Hill Golf Club (Ocean South Course) – Newport Coast, Calif.
- *Olde Beau Resort & Golf Club – Roaring Gap, N.C.
- Annbriar Golf Course – Waterloo, Ill.
- *The Walker Course at Clemson University – Clemson, S.C.
- *Blue Top Ridge at Riverside – Riverside, Iowa
- Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club – Wickenburg, Ariz.
- *Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course – Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
- *Sainte Genevieve Golf Club – Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
- *Princeville Makai Golf Club (Makai Course) – Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
- *Sultan’s Run Golf Club – Jasper, Ind.
- Independence Golf Club (Championship Course) – Midlothian, Va.
- Eagle Eye Golf Club – Bath, Mich.
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club – Maricopa, Ariz.
- Yocha Dehe at Cache Creek Casino Resort – Brooks, Calif.
- *Grand Geneva Resort (Highlands Course) – Lake Geneva, Wisc.
- *Chippewa Golf Club – Doylestown, Ohio
GOLFPASS HELPS GOLFERS PLAY MORE AND BETTER GOLF
GolfPass is designed for today’s golfer and is the only digital golf membership that delivers exclusive content and comprehensive benefits designed to help every type of golfer – from beginner to expert – play more and better golf. Developed in partnership between global golf superstar Rory McIlroy and NBC Sports Next, GolfPass is a first-of-its-kind, direct-to-consumer subscription program, which offers opportunities to play more golf, comprehensive tools to improve any golfer’s game and high-quality video content. Members can learn from some of the game’s top instructors, including Chris Como, Martin Hall and Devan Bonebrake. Original Golfpass series are featured within the vast library of video content available exclusively as part of a GolfPass membership, which also includes The Conor Moore Show, My Roots, Breaking into the Game: Juniors with Michael Bannon, My Daily Routine, and more. Travel information, including more than 1 million course reviews are available and members also have access to a vast library covering over 20 years of GOLF Channel programming. A GolfPass membership is available in North America at GolfPass.com, in the U.K. and Republic of Ireland at GolfPass.co.uk, and in Australia at www.GolfPass.com.au. The GolfPass membership also is available via connected TV, iOS and Android apps.
-NBC Sports Next-
NBC Sports Next