Today’s Announcement Provides Active Students with a Better Way to Become Part of Golf’s No. 1 Digital Membership
ORLANDO, Fla. – The allure of golf for the younger set is getting a big boost with a new offer by NBC Sports Next’s GolfPass digital membership, which is opening up its entire vault of benefits – from on-demand video instruction and entertainment to tee-time benefits to information and reviews – for active students to play more and play better golf at a 40 percent discount.
Students currently enrolled in thousands of colleges and universities across North America, as well as college-bound high school students over the age of 16 are eligible for the significant savings and ever-growing benefits that come with a GolfPass+ membership, including access to thousands of hours of exclusive instructional and entertainment programming, which can be streamed on demand 24/7. An annual GolfPass+ student membership is $59, with a GolfPass video-only membership priced at $29.
“We’re continually striving to create more opportunities for young people to experience our great game and to give them the kind of access they need to help them grow within the sport and remain lifelong golfers,” said Amanda Norvell, vice president, Direct-to-Consumer Products & Services, NBC Sports Next. “This special offer makes it easier for them to play more, learn more and enjoy all the perks at a great discount.”
Other notable GolfPass+ benefits include:
- Play more golf with the help of $120 in tee-time credits each year, which are available as $10 monthly credits on GolfNow Hot Deals and TeeOff DEAL Times, with no day or time restrictions.
- GolfPass Perks at participating courses, which can include food and beverage discounts, pro shop discounts, free range balls, free replays and special tee-time deals.
- Complimentary TaylorMade gift for each year of membership.
- Waived convenience fees on 10 tee-time bookings on GolfNow each year, which adds up to $139 in savings and can be used on up to four golfers with each booking.
- If the unexpected happens and plans change, cancellation protection on 10 GolfNow or TeeOff bookings each year, which can be made without penalty up to one hour before play.
- Discounts on merchandise and travel.
- Earn up to 25 percent more GolfNow or TeeOff Rewards points on all qualifying rounds booked and played.
The brands within the NBC Sports Next portfolio, including GolfPass and GolfNow, continue to champion programs and technologies that provide young people more access and opportunities within golf. A newly forged partnership with Youth on Course has generated more than $1 million in contributions from GolfNow golfers, complimentary GolfPass memberships for Youth on Course members, $40,000 in scholarships, and custom technologies to help the charitable organization increase its footprint in North America.
GOLFPASS HELPS GOLFERS PLAY MORE AND BETTER GOLF:
GolfPass is designed for today’s golfer and is the only digital golf membership that delivers exclusive content and comprehensive benefits designed to help every type of golfer – from beginner to expert – play more and better golf. Developed in partnership between global golf superstar Rory McIlroy and NBC Sports Next, GolfPass is a first-of-its-kind, direct-to-consumer subscription program, which offers opportunities to play more golf, comprehensive tools to improve any golfer’s game and high-quality video content. Members can learn from some of the game’s top instructors, including Chris Como, Martin Hall and Devan Bonebrake. Series included in the vast library of video content available exclusively as part of a GolfPass membership are originals like The Conor Moore Show, Breaking into the Game: Juniors with Michael Bannon, My Daily Routine, My Roots, and more. Members also have access to a vast library covering over 20 years of GOLF Channel programming. A GolfPass membership is available in North America at GolfPass.com, in the U.K. and Republic of Ireland at GolfPass.co.uk, and in Australia at www.GolfPass.com.au. The GolfPass membership also is available via connected TV, iOS and Android apps.
NBC Sports Next