GOLFTEC Coaches Recognized with Numerous Awards in 2018
GOLFTEC – the world leader in golf lessons and premium club fittings – announces 2018 was a record-setting year in the number of Coaches that were recognized for teaching excellence.
Twenty-one GOLFTEC Coaches earned honors from the likes of Golf Digest, the PGA of America, Ferris State University and the Golf Academy of America, making GOLFTEC instructors more awarded in 2018 than any other golf instruction organization or entity.
For more than 20 years, GOLFTEC has consistently excelled at helping students improve, as evidenced by a 96 percent success rate among all customers. Developing a comprehensive improvement plan for each student is the foundation of GOLFTEC’s philosophy. Among the instructors honored are:
- Ashley Thomas (GOLFTEC Blue Ash) – Southern Ohio PGA Section – Associate of the Year
- Brendan Locke (GOLFTEC Middleton) – Wisconsin PGA Section – Bill Strausbaugh Award
- Brian Gussis (GOLFTEC Woodbridge) – New Jersey PGA Section – Horton Smith Award
- Doug Strawbridge (GOLFTEC Upper Kirby) – Southern Texas PGA Section – Player Development Award
- Tim Sam (GOLFTEC Henderson) – Southern Nevada PGA Chapter Player Development Award
- Chris Runyan (GOLFTEC Spokane) – Inland Empire PGA Chapter Patriot Award
- Josh McKinley (GOLFTEC Spokane) – Inland Empire PGA Chapter Teacher of the Year
- Randy Potter (GOLFTEC Spokane) – Inland Empire PGA Chapter Bill Strausbaugh Award
- Tim Connor – (GOLFTEC Spokane) Inland Empire PGA Chapter Horton Smith Award
- Brad Skupaka (GOLFTEC Headquarters) – Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America
- Doug Strawbridge (GOLFTEC Upper Kirby) – Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America
- Nick Pelle (GOLFTEC Minnetonka) – Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America
- Patrick Nuber (GOLFTEC Headquarters) – Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America
- Steve Lippincott (GOLFTEC Westshore) – Golf Digest Bets Young Teacher in America
- Brendan Locke (GOLFTEC Middleton) – Ferris State University Bill Strausbaugh Award
- Thomas Valdez (GOLFTEC Houston Galleria) – Larry Sharp Service Award, Fort Bend Special Olympics
- Austen Millet (GOLFTEC Millenia) – Golf Academy of America Top 100 Alumni
- Chris Russell (GOLFTEC Palm Beach Gardens) – Golf Academy of America Top 100 Alumni
- Jason Cochran (GOLFTEC Roswell) – Golf Academy of America Top 100 Alumni
- Mike Kruzick (GOLFTEC Fort Lauderdale) – Golf Academy of America Top 100 Alumni
- Thomas Howell (GOLFTEC Irvine) – Golf Academy of America Top 100 Alumni
“We’re now teaching more than 1 million lessons annually and continue to significantly increase that number every year,” says Joe Assell, Co-Founder and CEO of GOLFTEC. “The business has expanded at an incredibly rapid rate and our growth and success is thanks to the unparalleled work our team of world-class coaches put into every student.”
GOLFTEC conducts more lessons than any other company in the world. Its unique fact-based approach has led to the average student dropping seven strokes from their game. Lessons are taught one-on-one by Certified Personal Coaches, mostly in indoor bays that utilize proprietary teaching technology.
In addition to instruction, the company’s enhanced TECFIT® custom club fitting program delivers a TOUR-like fitting experience that combines ball flight data with thousands of potential clubhead and shaft options to identify the optimal golf equipment for each golfer. Nearly 75 percent of all golfers who experience a TECFIT custom driver fitting gain an average of 25 yards over their previous equipment.
To learn more about GOLFTEC, please visit www.golftec.com or call 877-446-5383.
Since 1995, GOLFTEC has become the world’s largest provider of golf lessons and premium club fittings, operating more than 200 corporately-owned and franchised Training Centers in all major U.S. cities, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore. A top employer of PGA Professionals, the company’s 700-plus coaches have taught more than eight million lessons with students dropping an average of seven strokes from their scorecards. Its highly-trained coaches leverage leading-edge technology for a completely fact-based approach to instruction, practice and club fitting. GOLFTEC’s leadership position in golf improvement is augmented by its SwingTRU Motion Study™ – the largest ever conducted on golf swing mechanics.