The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
The AJGA is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe in embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to accomplish our mission of developing golf’s next generation.
The backbone of the AJGA is its internship program and we are looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as communication interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
- Execute the AJGA’s social media and promotional plans
- Photography/videography (shoot and edit)
- Create short and long-form content for the AJGA website and social media
- Create activation plans for AJGA sponsors both in golf and outside of golf
- Create sponsor-impact content before, during and after an event
- Conduct interviews
- Work with local media
- Write and publish features and web stories
- Serve as on-course rules official, start and score players, and assist with overall operations as needed
- Monitor equipment inventory, maintenance and replenishment
- Public speaking
- Customer service
- Basicgolfknowledgeispreferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience in photography, video, graphic design, and/or social media preferred
- Past experience in a team environment
- Efficiency, multi-tasking and time management
- Highly motivated,self-starter and willingness to take an active leadership role
- Excellentcommunicationandpublicspeaking skills
- Mustbeatleast21yearsoldbythestartdateofthe internship
- MusthaveavalidS.driver’slicenseforaminimumofthree years
- MustcompleteaGeorgiaDepartmentofTransportationphysical(expenses covered by the AJGA)
- LegallyeligibletoworkintheS.without sponsorship
- MusteitherbeworkingtowardsorachievedaBachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Workoutsideinextremeweather, temperatures,and direct sun exposure
- Driveandoperateagolfcart,company vehicles and travel via plane
- Useandoperatecompanyequipment,e.radios/walkie-talkies/cameras/ computers
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Standandwalkforextendedperiodsof time
- Communicatebothverballyandin writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Internship Dates
- Summer Season – May 13 – September 4, 2024
- Dates are subject to change. End dates can be accommodated for summer season pending return to
- Internsonaveragewillwork50–65hoursper week
- The internship is 100% travel. You will travel week in, and week out to different cities & states. The AJGA organizes all lodging in a combination of hotels, rental properties, and local family homes.
- The AJGA will compensate mos ttournament-related expenses (all lodging, gas, laundry, and some food).
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at the end of the internship is on the
- In limited instances, a week off could happen for a In this case all travel, food, and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
- Summer Deadline: January 5, 2024 | Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 2 – 4, 2024. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.
Please visit www.ajga.org/about/careers for all information. For any questions, contact Sydney Della Flora, Manager ofRecruiting (firstname.lastname@example.org).