The American Junior Golf Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf.
The AJGA is committed to creating an engaging, safe, and inclusive environment. We welcome people from all backgrounds and believe in embracing diverse perspectives, we are better equipped to accomplish our mission of developing golf’s next generation.
The backbone of the AJGA is its internship program and we are looking for talented and well-rounded applicants to serve as operations interns. Interns will travel extensively throughout the United States during the internship to help conduct national junior golf tournaments.
- General tournament set-up, execution, and break-down
- Start and score players
- On-course rules officiating and enforcing Pace of Play
- Volunteer support and coordination
- Execution of social activities for players and/or parents
- Monitorequipmentinventory, maintenance, and replenishment
- Public speaking
- Customer Service
- Operation and maintenance of company vehicles
- Working with golf course staff, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Maintain and work within a tournament budget
- Basic golf knowledge is preferred, but not required
- Experience in event management or operations is preferred, but not required
- Past experience in a team environment
- Efficiency, multi-tasking, and time management
- Ability to work and communicate in a team atmosphere
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and willingness to take an active leadership role
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (Microsoft Office)
- Fiscally responsible
- Must be at least 21 years old by the start date of the internship
- Must have a valid State driver’s license for a minimum of three years
- Must complete a Georgia Department of Transportation physical (expenses covered by the AJGA)
- Legally eligible to work in the State without sponsorship
- Must either be working towards or achieved a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Work outside in extreme weather, temperatures, and direct sun exposure
- Drive and operate a golf cart, and company vehicles and travel via plane
- Use and operate company equipment, radios/walkie-talkies/cameras/ computers
- Ability to spot golf balls on the course
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Lift equipment up to approximately 50 pounds
- Internship Dates
- Summer Season – May 13 – September 4, 2024
- Dates are subject to change. End dates can be accommodated for the summer season pending return to
- The AJGA will compensate interns $9 hourly plus time and one-half for overtime
- Interns on average will work 50–65 hours per week
- The internship is 100% travel. You will travel week in, week out to different cities & states. The AJGA organizes all lodging in a combination of hotels, rental properties, and local family homes.
- The AJGA will compensate most tournament-related expenses (all lodging, gas, laundry,and some food).
- Travel to Atlanta for the start of the internship will be paid in full by the AJGA but travel home at the end of the internship is on the
- Each intern will be provided with clothing and
- In limited instances, a week off could happen for a In this case all travel, food, and lodging will be on each individual if they determine to go home or stay in the city in which they are located. In this case, time off is unpaid.
- Summer Deadline: January 5, 2024 | Summer candidate finalists will be required to attend a mandatory Intern Recruiting Weekend February 2 – 4, 2024. Travel, food and lodging will be covered.
Please visit www.ajga.org/about/careers for all information. For any questions, contact Sydney Della Flora, Manager ofRecruiting (email@example.com).