Job Title Territory: Sales Manager
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: No
Mizuno USA’s roots trace back to its parent company, Mizuno Corporation. Mizuno Corporation was established in Osaka, Japan in 1906 by Rihachi Mizuno. Today, Mizuno USA is located in Peachtree Corners, GA and continues to manufacture and distribute high quality golf, baseball, softball, running, track & field, and volleyball equipment, along with apparel and footwear.
Since our founding, we have taken special pride and pleasure in being able to participate in the exciting world of sports and providing sports equipment of the highest quality. Each and every one of us is guided by the ideal of true sportsmanship. That was true over 100 years ago and is still true today. It is evident in our corporate philosophy which, simply stated, is “Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports.”
Are you a competitor driven by overcoming extraordinary challenges? Are you motivated by being a critical team member? Do you aspire to join a brand that makes a difference in the communities we serve? Mizuno USA is seeking top performers like you carry on the legacy of one of the world’s most iconic sporting goods brands.
Every Mizuno USA teammate is a champion of our Mission and commitment to one another and athletes everywhere as they strive for ultimate achievement at every level of competition. Let us know if you’re game-ready!
As both the sales and marketing representative of Mizuno Golf, the Territory Sales Manager is responsible to sell, promote, and market the Mizuno brand to green-grass and off-course retailers at the “Top of the Pyramid”. The Territory Sales Manager ensures the proper channel mix within the account base (e.g., on-course, off-course) in alignment with company strategy and adhering to the corporate philosophy of quality, commitment, and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Territory Sales Manager will perform specific tasks like the following:
- Work under the direction of Regional Sales Manager to ensure major account sales and marketing programs are executed at all store locations within territory, leading to steady growth of sales revenue and market share of the company’s golf products.
- Develop annual territory sales budget and goals – including distribution, product category sales, and total sales volume – in collaboration with sales management.
- Achieve annual territory sales goals.
- Improve sell-thru in the assigned territory, by working closely with targeted retailers to create a high level of awareness of the Mizuno Brand and foster demand for Mizuno products.
- Plan and manage a rigorous and effective territory activity schedule – including monthly/weekly travel, individual account visits, educational clinics, grassroots promotions, and the like – to develop a highly visible presence and reputation as a valuable asset to customers’ business.
- Provide product education to “green grass” and off-course retailers, and promote improved product merchandising and brand visibility within the territory.
- Schedule, manage, and attend required number of demo days, as determined by Regional Manager. o Build a brand ambassador program to promote and sell the Mizuno brand through the influential PGA Pro’s in each territory. o Participate in the communication and collection of past due receivable balances from territory dealers as necessary.
- Support in-store activations and other events for Strategic and Key Account, as needed. o Effectively manage the allocated Travel & Expense and Promotional budgets. o Complete and submit weekly sales activity reports and expense vouchers to sales management.
- Understand the Strategic Priorities and incorporate them into all activities.
- Embrace and abide by the Mizuno Brand Culture
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Previous employment experience within the Golf Specialty and/or Sporting Goods Industry as a sales associate or manager o Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Passionate, motivated personality dedicated to engaging the Customer
- High degree of motivation with a demonstrated ability as a “self-starter”
- Ability to work and succeed in a Team Environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must travel 80% of the time throughout multi-state territory for extended periods of time
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a driver’s license in the assigned state as needed
- Clean driving record and insurable by Mizuno insurance as well as employee’s own insurance
- Vehicle must be in good working condition
- Willing to purchase and maintain auto insurance at your cost, keeping $300,000 liability, combined single limit for property damage (PD) and bodily injury (BI)
Physical Demands/Essential Functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Specific vision requirements include color vision.
- Some lifting and moderately strenuous physical exertion required for event setup and teardown.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking during travel.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
Whenever possible, Mizuno USA, Inc. strives to promote from within if the skills and necessary qualifications meet the requirements for the position. Internal and external candidates will be considered for the position and the best candidate will be hired.
Mizuno USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected classification.