Mizuno USA’s roots trace back to its parent company, Mizuno Corporation. Mizuno Corporation was established in Osaka, Japan in 1906 by Rihachi Mizuno. Today, Mizuno USA is located in Peachtree Corners, GA and continues to manufacture and distribute high quality golf, baseball, softball, running, track & field, and volleyball equipment, along with apparel and footwear.
Since our founding, we have taken special pride and pleasure in being able to participate in the exciting world of sports and providing sports equipment of the highest quality. Each and every one of us is guided by the ideal of true sportsmanship. That was true over 100 years ago and is still true today. It is evident in our corporate philosophy which, simply stated, is “Contributing to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports.”
Are you a competitor driven by overcoming extraordinary challenges? Are you motivated by being a critical team member? Do you aspire to join a brand that makes a difference in the communities we serve? Mizuno USA is seeking top performers like you carry on the legacy of one of the world’s most iconic sporting goods brands.
Every Mizuno USA teammate is a champion of our Mission and commitment to one another and athletes everywhere as they strive for ultimate achievement at every level of competition. Let us know if you’re game-ready!
The overall role of the Player Development Rep is to identify and foster junior golfer talent to represent our Brand. This role is responsible to introduce, promote, and sell Mizuno product lines to Junior golfers, with the ultimate goal of securing lifelong brand ambassadors and creating a pipeline of future Tour Staff.
The Player Development Representative will perform specific tasks like the following:
• Represent Mizuno at junior golf events, including college, amateur, and mini tour events
• Scout junior golf talent and develop Mizuno relationship at each level of play
• Assist the Player Development Manager to negotiate contracts with potential brand ambassadors, college teams, players, coaches, and golf organizations like NCAA, GCAA, WGCA, etc.
• Develop Social Media Content incorporating junior athletes
• Coordinate testing of newly developed products with top tier amateurs and developing pros
• Provide feedback on hard and soft goods to product development team
• Work closely with Product Development team on new product initiatives
• Assist Marketing to develop PGA Tour promotional strategy
• Increase awareness of the full Mizuno product lineup among top junior players
• Increase brand involvement in the NCAA and amateur golf community
• Recommend products to junior players to encourage greater usage
• Own and manage specific budgets for travel and entertainment, advertising and promotions within player development area
• Assist Player Development Manager to create and manage annual travel schedule
• 25% or more travel is required
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or similar field
• Experience playing golf competitively at the collegiate or professional level
• Experience coaching golf at the collegiate level preferred
• Contacts and experience working with collegiate coaches and players preferred
• Experience working with contracted players on a daily basis preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Public speaking and presentation delivery ability
• Ability to effectively manage a budget and stay within guidelines
• Ability to directly manage promotional merchandise sent to players, trade shows, partnered events, etc., including order entry, tracking, and follow-up
• Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with team members, supervisors, and other departments to ensure smooth transition of product delivery, placement, and availability
• Must be able to work full time at Mizuno USA Headquarters in Norcross, GA
• Ability to travel 25% or more of the time
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer in an open office environment
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
• 25% or more domestic travel via airplane and automobile
Whenever possible, Mizuno USA, Inc. strives to promote from within if the skills and necessary qualifications meet the requirements for the position. Internal and external candidates will be considered for the position and the best candidate will be hired.
Mizuno USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected classification.
Visit https://www.careers-mizunousa.com/jobs to apply, or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the Job Title in the Subject line.