The Retail Trainer is responsible for developing and oversight a retail strategy to promote our product line, engage Retail Associates and train both internal and external partners on the full line of TaylorMade product via Training Tours, large Strategic Training Events and as needed per product launch cadences. This role will manage a robust product training experience for Store Associate’s, Manager’s, PGA Pros, and additional staff members inside Strategic Accounts, Regional Key Accounts and on-course locations. Their primary goal will be to ensure company initiatives, explain, teach and demo product feature and benefits, while bringing to life TaylorMade brand stories and increasing consumer engagement in their daily interactions.
The Retail Trainer has oversight of an industry leading fitting certification program designed to teach and implement the TaylorMade fitting philosophy. This role will work closely with internal teams to educate associates across Strategic Accounts, Regional Key Accounts and Pro-Staff accounts with the goal to create a consistent consumer experience across all retail locations. Additionally, they will manage our online training portal: TaylorMade Certification Program (TCP), including daily interaction and leading-edge educational content creation. This individual will also manage and build content for the Retail Associate App to assist retail partner associates to understand and teach TaylorMade initiatives to their customers.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Trainer Responsibilities – 60%
- Build and maintain TCP to elevate the level of expertise of all Store Associates, Managers and Pro-Staff across all levels of product understanding and improve brand loyalty
- Develop marketing strategies to improve usership and engagement of the Retail Associate App
- Responsible in creating content for all aspects of product training (TCP, Retail Associate App, relationship building, product merchandising techniques, etc.).
Own forecasting and tracking of retail training budget and each Strategic accounts training co-op budgets with sales account and finance stakeholders. Facilitate internal and account feedback and approvals for all projects.
- Develop and maintain effective product training partnerships with account locations (green grass, strategic and key accounts) and TaylorMade’s Experiential team
- Lead, organize and improve the Training Tour/Product Launch Road Show and Strategic training events
- Create engaging on-going in-person / in-store trainings for on-course, RKA & Strategic locations
- Build and own the development of a world class fitting certification program in partnership with the Director of Golf of The Kingdom designed to educate Strategic Accounts, Regional Key Accounts and On-Course partners on the TaylorMade fitting philosophy
- Collaborate with the Custom and Fitting Teams on best-in class training practices and technology
- Execute monthly training calls with all TaylorMade Experiential leads to focus on consistency within our communication to the field and external partners
- Train all internal Sales and Experiential new-hires on Retail Marketing applications – ShopDev, FOKO, Fixturing and Visual Merchandising
- Lead and implement TaylorMade training initiatives across all global regions to ensure consistency across all markets while accommodating local nuances
Administrative & In-store Visual Merchandising Responsibilities – 40%
- Lead and manage weekly calls with Senior Retail Manager, Experiential leads, Agencies and additional internal partners to continue evolving the Training program and Associate APP
- Continue to progress the Associate App to create leading-edge content and innovative technology advances as well as communicate consumer information, strategic surveys, engagement opportunities, contests and data reports back to TaylorMade
- Manage and elevate all Training components of the TaylorMade business to Account Partners
- Responsible for compiling and generating reports and research as they relate to industry leading training courses and techniques and market trends
- Manage all aspect of Associate engagement including Visual Merchandising Guides and best-practice training in door
Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandising strategy
- Responsible for promoting TaylorMade’s image, products and services inside Retail doors
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- High level of product knowledge to enhance store Associate, Managers, Fitters and Pro-Staff performance
- Must have a strong and sincere passion for the TaylorMade brands and products
- Must have the ability to understand and explain complex golf technology no matter the audience
- Be a constant professional and represent the brand in a positive manner and appearance
- Friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic: high comfort level engaging with Retail Partner employees and customers
- Must have strong organizational skills and be very dependable with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and handle competing priorities each day
- Ability to be proactive and assertive and be skilled at problem solving
- Must be empathetic and respectful to both customer and consumer needs
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills. Use of professional language and good judgment when interacting with customers regarding comparison of various product brands
- Prior success in establishing goals and achieving results
- Strong Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and other computer software programs to report data
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- 5+ years golf related golf product experience
- Product Training experience required
- Must have golf industry product, retail and/or sales experience
- Must have golf playing ability
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Typical office environment, consistent computer use.
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work; including evenings and weekends and holidays when required
- Extensive travel. Must be able to travel to various locations for Retail Training Events (>50% traveling)
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
TaylorMade is a performance driven organization and our total rewards approach to compensation is designed to support this. We consider many factors in determining base compensation, including position scope, job related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location. The expected annual base pay range for this position is $80,000 – $90,000. Additional benefits, such as health & wellness, performance bonuses, product discounts, holidays, paid time off, etc. may also be offered in accordance with our plans.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.