New Jersey Section, PGA of America, Announces 2019 Special Award Recipients
Keith Stewart, PGA Head Professional at Springdale Golf Club named 2019 NJPGA Golf Professional of the Year; David Reasoner, PGA Head Professional at The Ridgewood Country Club Receives Prestigious National Award
The New Jersey Section of the PGA of America (NJPGA) today announced its 2019 annual award recipients, led by Keith Stewart, PGA Head Professional at Springdale Golf Club who was named 2019 NJPGA Golf Professional of the Year, the highest honor for a PGA Professional within the section. Awarded for qualities of leadership, strong moral character and a substantial record of service to the NJPGA, and the game of golf, Stewart is an active volunteer for growth of the game programs and Section initiatives.
Stewart is joined by an esteemed list of PGA Professionals who were honored in several categories as 2019 NJPGA Section Special Award winners. The award recipients will be recognized on Thursday, October 24that the Celebration of Golf at Canoe Brook Country Club and at the NJPGA Section Fall Meeting on Monday, October 28th at Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club.
2019 NJPGA Award Winners:
- Golf Professional of the Year: Keith Stewart – Springdale Golf Club, Princeton, NJ
- Assistant Golf Professional of the Year: Chris Sommer – Forest Hill Field Club, Bloomfield, NJ
- Teacher of the Year: Matt Barr – Baltusrol Golf Club, Springfield, NJ
- Club of the Year: Hamilton Farm Golf Club, Gladstone, NJ
- Bill Strausbaugh Award: Tommy Monteverdi – Glen Ridge Country Club, Glen Ridge, NJ
- Horton Smith Award: John Mascari – Alpine Country Club, Demarest, NJ
- Merchandiser of the Year (Private): Bradley Olson – Rumson Country Club, Rumson, NJ
- Merchandiser of the Year (Public): Pat Lawler – Rockleigh Golf Course, Rockleigh, NJ
- Player Development Award: Brian Dobbie – Montclair Golf Club, West Orange, NJ
- Youth Player Development Award: Kevin Beirne – Hopewell Valley Golf Club, Hopewell, NJ
- Patriot Award: Dan Ashley – Deer Run Golf & Tennis Club, Lincoln Park, NJ
- Deacon Palmer Award: Ron Korn – Cedar Hill Country Club, Livingston, NJ
- Salesperson of the Year: Nick Roberto – E-Z-GO
In addition to the Section winners, David Reasoner, PGA Head Professional at The Ridgewood Country Club received a prestigious National Award, as he was honored with the 2019 Bill Strausbaugh Award- recognizing a PGA Professional who demonstrates exceptional character, integrity and leadership by way of teaching and mentoring other PGA Professionals.
This is Reasoner’s first national award, having been recognized with multiple awards at the section level, including the New Jersey PGA Golf Professional of the Year (2015, 2018); its Bill Strausbaugh Award (2012, 2013, 2016, 2017); and the PGA Merchandiser of the Year Award (2013, 2015). Reasoner will be honored on Thursday, Nov. 7, as part of the 2019 PGA Annual Meeting in West Palm Beach, Florida.
For more information on the 2019 NJPGA award recipients please visit https://www.newjersey.pga.com/special-awards/.
About the NJPGA
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. The NJPGA is one of 41 geographic sections throughout the country and has been in operation since 1925. In 2012 and 2015, the NJPGA was the recipient of the Herb Graffis Award, presented annually to a PGA Section that shows extraordinary or exemplary contributions in player development and growth of the game programming. For more information on the NJPGA please visit http://newjersey.pga.com/.
Jared Minski (email@example.com)
Mastro Communications, Inc. @ 732 469-5700