“Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk,” Narrated By Bill Murray, Debuts in U.S. Theaters Friday, June 7
“Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk” (www.loopersmovie.com, @loopersthemovie), the most thorough feature-length film documentary ever developed on golf’s historic caddie profession, will make its nationwide theatrical debut on Friday, June 7, with approximately 100 locations in 30 states across the United States.
The film, narrated by famed actor and former caddie Bill Murray, has drawn critical acclaim in early 2019 with positive reviews and best documentary awards from the Cleveland International Film Festival in early April and the Newport Beach (CA) Film Festival in early May. The film concluded the film festival circuit last Sunday with the Greenwich, CT, International Film Festival.
The “Loopers” U.S. theatrical release begins on Friday, June 7 – the week before the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. A listing of locations, to be continually updated throughout June, is included at https://www.loopersmovie.com/see-the-movie.
Reviews of the film have touted the film’s accuracy and interest beyond just golf:
- “… wishing ‘Loopers’ could be a series with each vignette an episode. Better yet, with striking panoramics of St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, Bandon, Carnoustie and other world-renowned courses, “Loopers” is reminiscent of the BBC’s “Planet Earth” series, educating while aesthetically captivating.” – Golf Digest (March 2019)
- “(Bill Murray) does not have a demanding part – he narrates the 80-minute long documentary and makes a short on-camera appearance – but it is sure to be regarded as one of his finest films.” – Chicago Tribune (June 3, 2019)
- “I’ve only played a handful of rounds of golf in my life, and I don’t particularly care about the sport. Still, I found ‘Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk’ compelling. Any time you get somebody talking about their life’s work you’re probably going to get some good stories.” – com (February 15, 2019).
- “Loopers charts the history of golf from its origins in Scotland to modern times. Traditionally, the caddie’s mantra was to ‘show up, keep up and shut up.’ They were banned from the clubhouse and treated poorly. However, they became an important part of the sport, acting as the player’s technical adviser, psychologist and confidant.” – Sunday Times, Ireland (February 2, 2019).
Also, private viewings for clubs or organizations can be made by going to www.loopersmovie.com/request-a-screening. An international debut in Europe is scheduled for June 21 at the Edinburgh (Scotland) International Film Festival – www.edfilmfest.org.uk/edinburgh-international-film-festival.
- Dates/Times: June 7 throughout the summer.
- Locations/Tickets: https://www.loopersmovie.com/see-the-movie
- Trailer: Go to www.loopersmovie.com
- Screener: Available upon request to media in a limited viewing window.
- Interviews and Information: Contact Ward Clayton, email@example.com
- Directed by Jason Baffa (@jasonbaffafilms)
- Produced by David Brookwell, Jim Packer, GEM Pictures, Clark Cunningham, Ward Clayton
- Written by Carl Cramer (worked with Baffa as film editor on his previous films)
- Narrated by Bill Murray
- Animation sequence by artist Damian Fulton
- Country – USA
- 80 minutes