New Exotics EXS Driver Featuring Flight Tuning System Technology Announced by Tour Edge
Tour Edge, Golf’s Most Solid Investment, officially introduces the Exotics EXS driver, featuring a myriad of game-enhancing innovations that has led Tour Edge to market the EXS line with the tagline Pound for Pound, Nothing Else Comes Close.
The loaded-with-technology driver features a Flight Tuning System (FTS) that includes 9-gram and 3-gram interchangeable weights, an adjustable hosel that allows for plus two or minus two degrees in loft, RollFace Technology for an expanded sweet spot, Dual Carbon Fiber placement for ideal weight distribution and a new and improved SlipStream™ Sole for faster clubhead speed.
The new ultra-premium, high-performance drivers will be available worldwide on November 1, 2018.
“The EXS driver is absolutely loaded with technology,” said Tour Edge President and Master Club Designer David Glod. “This is the most technology we’ve ever been able to fit into a design and each one works in concert with one another to provide the best performing driver possible. The shapes are beautiful and we utilized only the finest in materials and components. I believe that at the aggressive price point that we are offering, the EXS driver will have its highest impact on the driver market over any other previous Exotics release.”
The EXS 460cc head features premium Japanese exotic metals; TSP 910 Beta Titanium face plate featuring Variable Face Thickness Technology and a 8-1-1 Titanium chassis. The TSP 910 Beta Titanium face has been made even thinner and lighter in the EXS over previous Exotics driver models to produce a greater spring-like effect.
Tour Edge R&D paired the superior TSP 910 Beta Titanium face plate with the exceptionally light Carbon Fiber Crown and with additional Carbon Fiber located on the toe of clubhead, allowing weight to be strategically repositioned lower and deeper in the head for optimal spin and creating an extremely high MOI. The Dual Carbon Fiber Technology also helped Tour Edge engineers to significantly improve the acoustics of the driver and enabled them to account for the gram weight of the FTS weights and the adjustable hosel.
The Flight Tuning System allows adjustable sole weights to be moved to two alternate settings; a 9-gram weight in the heel, 3-gram weight in the rear for lower spin, slice-reducing shape and a medium launch and then the 3-gram weight in the heel and 9-gram weight in the rear for medium spin, neutral shape and a higher launch. Additional weight screws can be purchased as a kit that includes 6-gram, 11-gram and 14-gram weights.
The adjustable hosel allows the 9.5 degree EXS driver to go from 7.5 degrees to 11.5 degrees, while the 10.5 degree EXS driver will adjust from 8.5 degrees to 12.5 degrees, making the EXS Driver one of the most versatile drivers on the market. The adjustable hosel also features three upright lie angle settings, giving the EXS driver 16 different settings between the two FTS weights and the eight different loft and lie settings. An Exotics tuning wrench will come no charge with each driver at the point of purchase.
A new RollFace Technology incorporates modified bulge and roll on the toe to create straighter shots for shots hit off the toe, which is where the majority of miss-hits with a driver are made. In conjunction with the sweet-spot enhancing Variable Face Thickness technology, the RollFace makes this the most forgiving driver face ever produced by Tour Edge.
The aerodynamics in the EXS driver are greatly enhanced by a more sloping crown and wider speed channels on the sole. The new, more tapered head profile also reduces aerodynamic drag. New wider speed channels on the SlipStream sole create an even faster clubhead speed and enhance the aerodynamics of the clubhead.
An ultra-premium Tensei CK Blue 2G shaft series by Mitsubishi Chemical is the chosen stock shaft for the EXS driver. Extremely light yet extremely stable throughout, the Tensei Blue CK features advanced materials like Carbon Fiber and Kevlar mixed with other lightweight materials that weigh in the 50-70 gram range depending on flex. A 50-gram weight will be available in Ladies, A-flex and Regular, a 60-gram shaft available in Regular, Stiff and X-flex and a 70-gram shaft available in Stiff and X-flex.
The suggested retail price for the EXS Driver is $299.99.
Every Tour Edge club comes with a lifetime warranty and a 30-day play guarantee. For more information, call (800) 515-3343 or visit touredge.com.
Exotics EXS driver Bullet Points
- FTS™ (Flight Tuning System) allows adjustable sole weights to be moved to two alternate settings:
o FTS1 9-gram weight in the heel, 3-gram weight in the rear for lower spin, slice reducing shape, medium launch);
o FTS2 3-gram weight in the heel and a 9-gram weight in the rear for medium spin, neutral shape, higher launch)
- Dual Carbon Fiber Crown and Toe creates extreme weight savings re-distributed to optimized positions creating an extremely high MOI, as well as improved acoustics
- SlipStream™ Sole with wider speed channels create an even faster clubhead speed by minimizing turf interaction
- RollFace Technology incorporates modified bulge and roll on the toe to create straighter shots
- Superior Adjustability allows for change up to +/- 2 degrees of loft in addition to 3 upright lie angle settings with adjustable hosel
- TSP 910 Beta Ti face features a thinner and lighter face design
- Variable Face Thickness delivers maximum CT off more parts of the face
- Aerodynamic Crown and Sole for faster clubhead speed through impact
- Genuine Tour-preferred ultra-premium Mitsubishi Tensei shaft is extremely light yet extremely stable throughout
*EXS Driver Alternate Weight Kit available separately with 6-gram, 11-gram and 14-gram weights
About Tour Edge
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering golfers with high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable. He is now considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Tour Edge products have been put in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA Tour Champions, LPGA Tour and Web.com Tour, as well as European professional tours, and have been in play in every PGA TOUR major event and in Ryder Cup competitions, leading to over 15 wins for players playing Tour Edge products on the PGA Tours.
In 2018 alone, Tour Edge clubs have earned five wins, eight runner-up finishes, 24 Top 5 finishes and over 40 Top 10 finishes on the three PGA Tours.
Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 32 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and Bazooka.
- Exotics products bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace with tour preferred designs and smaller production runs. Exotics clubs utilize higher-grade, avant-garde materials and manufacturing methods that have led Exotics to establish itself as a leader in quality craftsmanship and to redefine what is possible in golf club performance.
- Hot Launch has forged a name for itself as a producer of high-quality premium game improvement golf clubs from driver to wedge. Hot Launch has proven to provide the greatest custom fit value in golf and includes an unprecedented guaranteed 48-hour custom fit delivery program.
- Bazooka represents the absolute best value available in golf, offering advanced players, beginners, women and juniors the best in playability and affordability.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand-built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Media Center: http://www.touredge.com/media/mediacenter18.asp
Vice President of Marketing
Tour Edge Phone:
800-515-3343 Ex: 110