Golf Weather Impact:
November a “Thanksgiving” Weather Month!
November produced a dramatic up in weather impact late in the northern season with Golf Playable Hours (GPH) for the month up 21% (wow!) vs. Year-Ago (YA) which buoyed the Year-to-Date (YtD) favorability by nearly a point to +2%. That also moved the YtD regional breadth back into positive territory at a 2:1 ratio with comprised of 20 favorable regions vs. 13 unfavorables and 12 in the neutral zone (+/- 2%). Subscribers to either the Pellucid Publications Membership or the Geographic Weather Impact report get the 45 regional breakdowns, the 61 markets figures, the day-of-week weather impact and the Year-End National GPH forecast figure as well as our full commentary on the results every month.
Played Rounds for October as published by Golf Datatech came in at -1% at the All Facilities level. That continued our return to the pre-COVID pattern of rounds following weather when compared to our previously-reported October GPH result of 0% but was enough to produce our 6th consecutive month of Utilization gain (still 60%, +1 pt).
A broader description of the October weather and September Utilization can be found at our website in the Featured Items section or you can get the full picture by subscribing to either the Pellucid Publications Membership or the Geographic Weather Impact report. Both provide the 45 regional breakdowns, the 61 markets figures, the day-of-week weather impact and the Year-End National GPH forecast figure as well as our full commentary on the results every month.
Another avenue for seeing your weather-adjusted performance is our recently-launched facility comparative performance and local market benchmarking tool, the Golf Market Research Center (GMRC). In light of recent, broad-based rounds and revenue gains, the $500 annual investment is more affordable than ever. Program participants have been able to view graphic, single page monthly trend reports for Rounds and Utilization from ’19-’23 as well as having a 7 measure KPI single page report for any month and YtD period for which they entered data. The GMRC gives you visibility to your Market Profile and, after you enter your Rounds, Golf Revenue and Peak Season GF Rate by month, to immediately see your results through our comparative reports with integrated weather impact. So how do you “get in on the action”? Glad you asked…
- You can email email@example.com, to subscribe (see below for benefits) and get started by inputting your information through the current month or if you’d like to engage in the 2-wk trial
- If you’d like more information you have two options:
- Watch the 18 minute GoToWebinar recording of the program overview and a demonstration of the portal and reports (fill in your name and email and it will open the video link; you’re not signing up for anything)
- Review the 2-pg program overview
- Read the recent Outside the Ropes that illustrates, using the GMRC portfolio’s May results, the insights available using real data
Here’s the details on what you get in the current Promo:
- GMRC Market profile (golfers, supply/mix/demand balance, Utilization etc.)
- Monthly trends report (Rounds & Utilization, any month and YtD ’19-’23)
- KPI Scorecard (7 KPIs for month & YtD, single page, Year Ago comparisons)
- Cognilogic (historical facility-specific Golf Playable Hours and Capacity Rounds, normally sold as separate service at $180/yr) and
- Foresight (brand new, facility-level 60-day Capacity Rounds forecast and key weather variables used to produce it, normally sold separately at $360/yr)
- National Golf Consumer Franchise Scorecard (updated with the ’22 survey results) and commentary outlining the change in the size of the golfer base, the demographics (not as much additional diversity as advertised by the industry but expanding) and involvement levels (sold separately for $199)
- We think this package of services including GMRC at $500/yr ($450 for NGCOA members) is a great value and timely for assessing ’23’s performance and beginning your ’24 planning
Final cherry-on-top, GMRC is a product in the NGCOA SmartBuy program so there’s a member benefit (10% discount) for the annual subscription.