Ken Duke wins first event on PGA Tour Champions wearing the Payntr X 002 LE
Portland, Ore. – PAYNTR Golf, North America’s fastest growing golf footwear brand, had its first winner on the PGA TOUR Champions with Ken Duke taking home the trophy at the Shaw Charity Classic presented by Rogers in Calgary.
Wearing the Payntr X 002 LE, Duke rolled in a six-foot birdie putt on the 18th and final hole to beat Tim Petrovic and Thongchai Jaidee by one stroke. It was Duke’s first victory coming in his 100th start on the PGA TOUR Champions circuit.
“Many congratulations to Ken and we were elated to watch him secure his first PGA TOUR Champions victory in one of our PAYNTR Golf models,” said Mike Forsey, Co-founder and President of PAYNTR Golf. “We embarked on a mission to give a performance advantage through our footwear to all ability levels of golfers and to witness a professional achieve a lifelong goal of winning on Tour was certainly a massive achievement both for himself as well as our brand.”
Details of the Payntr X 002 LE include:
- Full grain leather upper provides all-day comfort, water resistance, & durable support.
- TPU outsole delivers traction in three dimensions for the life of the shoe.
- Dual-density PMX Foam® midsole provides maximum energy return & ultimate underfoot support.
- Graphite propulsion plate allows golfers to more effectively harness ground reaction forces.
- Neverwet® superhydrophobic solution offers non-wicking & water-resistant protection.
- Ariaprene® tongue offers supreme foot lockdown to provide maximum stability & lightweight, breathable support.
- Molded ortholite® footbed, compresses less than 5% – so cushioning, fit, & comfort never change.
Since introducing the first PAYNTR Golf model, the PAYNTR X 001 F, the brand has expanded to full line of products including footwear, gloves, headwear, socks and golf bags, available through a combination of direct to consumer, green grass golf stores, golf clubs, and large retailers including PGA TOUR Super Store. The brand had received praise from top media outlets and testers such as MyGolfSpy, Golf Digest, Forbes, Golfweek, GOLF Magazine, Robb Report and Business Insider.
PAYNTR Golf currently has seven models available for purchase including:
- Payntr X 001 F
- Payntr X 002 LE
- Payntr X 003 F (men’s and women’s)
- Payntr X 004 RS
- Payntr X 004 Luxe
- Payntr X 005 F
- Payntr X 006 RS
Based in Portland, Oregon, PAYNTR Golf designs, markets and distributes golf footwear and accessories created to enhance the performance of the golfer. Founded by three long-time sports performance footwear experts, David Paynter, Mike Forsey and Michael Glancy, PAYNTR Golf products are available in the U.S. and the UK at and , respectively.
For Media Inquiries
Bo Wood – PAYNTR Golf
For Product Requests
Mitchell Jones – PAYNTR Golf