Hello golf stakeholders:
Hopefully at least a few of you got our channeling of The Wizard of Oz in the Subject line this month (lions & tigers & bears…). As Stuart Lindsay outlines in the headline article, changes are coming to how you “will be allowed” to interact with your customer base and they’re going to have more say in it due to both technology and government rule changes, whether you like it or not. Intelligent operators (those who read The Perspective) will get out in front of it and use it as advantage while everyone else will revert back to the “greet them when they come and just show ’em a good time” era of customer relationship management.
On industry performance, September outperformed our expectations and we’ve also seen the October preview of Golf Revenue & Rounds through our Golf Market Research Center initiative which also suggests less of a decline than we forecast. Publisher Jim K. walks you through that and the yearend bet on where Rounds will fall vs. ’20 that it looks like he’s going to lose to Scott Merchant and Stuart. So what are you waiting for? Pick an article below and dive into November’s edutainment!
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
2. Hygiene, Consent & Enhancement (oh my!) By Stuart Lindsay
INDUSTRY PERFORMANCE TRACKING
6. ’21 Rounds Projection; Jim, Scott or Stuart’s crystal ball? By Jim Koppenhaver
10. October GPH amazes at +8%, Year-to-Date claws its way to neutral (+0.1%)
12. Sep Utilization shows expected decline (5 pts), Year-to-Date figure still healthy at 60%+!
14. Washington DC/NoVA/MD occupies #6 in latest ranking, new ‘20 figures debut in GLMA
COMINGS & GOINGS
16. 16 Activities; Transactions (6) and Redevelopments (4) lead the pack