Our May “Crystal Ball” on Rounds & Golf Revenue: Courtesy of the GRMC Pilot Participants “Community”
The free trial period for Pellucid’s progressive Golf Market Research Center (GMRC) facility performance tracking tool is now over and we’ve entered the Charter Member subscription phase of the service. We had just under 100 facilities take advantage of the pilot to input their monthly numbers for Rounds, Golf Revenue and Peak Greens Fee for the years ’19-’21 (through May month end). In addition to seeing their metrics for the below 7 KPIs, we recently also sent them the summary results for the pilot portfolio as well as the DMA market figures for 12 markets which had participants. You don’t get to see those but we will give you a teaser of the May monthly figures for our “participants portfolio”:
- Rounds for the month were up 8% vs. ’20 and up 36% vs. ’19 (a non-COVID baseline)
- Golf Revenue was up 16% vs. ’20 and up 48% vs. ’19 (as in “bankable dollars”)
- Golf Revenue per Played Round was up 8% vs. ’20 and up 9% vs. ’19
- Capacity Rounds were -4% vs. ’20 and +6% vs. ’19 (Mother Nature careth not about COVID)
- % Utilization was up 7 pts vs. ’20 and +14 pts vs. ’19
- Golf Revenue per Available Round was up 21% vs. ’20 and +39% vs. ’19
- Achieved % of Peak Rate (measuring discount levels) was up 3 pts vs. ’20 and +4 pts vs. ’19 (that’s good, the closer that metric is to 80%, the less discounting we did)
Let’s compare the above insights to what you’re used to: % Change in Rounds at the national and state level for the month and Year-to-Date (yes, we have all the above metrics for May YtD as well, and yes we can compare them to both ’20 and ’19). Any questions?
So how do you “get in on the action” to be a GMRC Charter Member and see your facility performance (and higher levels) through the GMRC lens? Glad you asked…
- You can get more information on the program by either reading the 2-pg program summary or viewing the 18 minute webinar demo by Jim K (you have to register to view the video, don’t worry, you’re not signing up for anything, we just want to know who’s viewing our content as the quid pro quo).
- If you’re ready to join our close-knit community, yes you do have to pay (nominally) for this service. You can subscribe and pay online here and we’ll get you set up as the administrator for your facility(ies) and then you’ll be set to view the Market Profile and start inputting your 3 monthly figures into the web portal. NGCOA members get a 10% SmartBuy discount; email Jim K. for the code
To entice as many facility owner/operators as possible to be Charter Members and continue growing the participant network, we’re offering the following value-added services for those who subscribe during the period of 6/1-7/31:
- Future pricing “favored nation” status
- Annual license to Cognilogic (historical weather impact, facility-specific, web portal delivered, unlimited use, $180/yr if bought individually)
- Annual license to Cognilogic Foresight (60 day Capacity Rounds and weather variable forecast, facility-specific, also web portal delivered/unlimited use, $360/yr if bought individually)
- Participation in the GMRC revenue-rebate co-op program (discount to annual fee in Yrs 2 and beyond based on the “cashflow” of the GMRC network which is driven by # of participants annually)
We’ve built the next (first?) generation of single-source, multi-dimensional, weather-adjusted facility performance tracking, refined it based on pilot participants feedback and it will only get better as our subscriber base broadens and guides us. You can stay in the land of “I think, I feel, I believe” or you can join us on the journey. We hope you’ll choose the latter.