The United States Adaptive Golf Alliance (USAGA) will conduct two informational sessions at the PGA Merchandise Show
– The USAGA, a 501(C)3 national coalition of adaptive golf organizations with common goals and objectives, will be attending the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, January 23-25 2019, and will host two informational sessions in their booth, #590.
The USAGA includes 36-member organizations across the United States, providing adaptive golf to 20,000+ disabled individuals of which 24% are wounded veterans. The USAGA mission is to provide these para-golf athletes an opportunity to learn and gain access to play the game despite any cognitive, physical, sensory or age-related impairments or challenges.
The USAGA will be hosting two interview sessions at the PGA Show with a variety of golfers associated with the organization. The interviews will be conducted by Ann Liguori, renowned Radio/TV Sports Personality, Golf Correspondent & Author.
On Wednesday, January 23, from 2-3pm, Ann will talk with Edmund ‘EQ’ Sylvester, Founder and Chairman, USAGA; Tracy Ramin, USAGA Competitions & Player Relations Chairman and Gianna Rojas, USAGA Brand Awareness Chairman.
On Thursday, January 24 from 11-noon, Ann will interview Mark Johnson, USAGA Advancement Director; David Windsor, Instruction Chairman & National PGA of America 2015 and ‘Patriot Award’ Recipient; and Dennis Walters, Paraplegic PGA Pro, 2018 Bobby Jones Award Winner and 2019 Inductee World Golf Hall of Fame.
In addition to these interview sessions, the USAGA will announce their full schedule of opportunities for disabled golfers of all age groups and ability levels to participate in. Several of the events on the calendar include:
- June 4th -June 6th – USA Para-Golf Team will play in the European Team Championship for Golfers with Disabilities in Spain
- Monday, August 17 – USAGA Pro-Am – Cog Hill Golf Club, Chicago, Illinois
- Tuesday, August 18 – USAGA Para-Golf Day with children from Shriners Hospital, Special Olympics, Easters Seals and other institutions serving youth with disabilities
- October 7th – October 10th – The USAGA Open – Las Vegas, Nevada
- This will be a world class event and the third annual Championship that USAGA will host
- Over 100 Para-Golfers from a dozen countries are expected to compete
- The USAGA Open will highlight golfers of all disability types including limb deficiencies (arms, legs, multiple), neurological impairments (cerebral palsy, stroke, multiple sclerosis) and visually impaired golfers.
- October 7 — the USAGA Pro-Am
- October 8-10 –The USAGA Open
About United States Adaptive Golf Alliance
Founded in 2014, the USAGA is a national alliance of 36-member adaptive golf organizations with common goals and objectives, promoting and providing resources for athletes with disabilities nationwide. In 2018, its member organizations provided adaptive golf to 20,000+ individuals across the country, of which 24% are wounded veterans. USAGA is the only organization in the country that provides competitive pathways in disabled golf – from basic instruction, get out and play, through and including national and international competitions for golfers with disabilities.
For more information on the U.S. Adaptive Golf Alliance (USAGA), please visit: www.usaga.org
Follow the USAGA on Twitter: @USAGA3
Follow on Instagram: usadaptivegolfalliance
Like the USAGA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/USAGAGolf
Edmund Q. Sylvester
Director of Advancement, USAGA