Eleven Club Management Professionals Awarded Sally Burns Rambo Scholarship
Alexandria, VA – The Club Foundation is pleased to announce the 2020 recipients of the Sally Burns Rambo Scholarship. Established in 2012 by The Club Foundation with the assistance of the Texas Lone Star Chapter of the Club Management Association of America (CMAA), the Sally Burns Rambo Scholarship honors mentor, role model, and pioneer Sally Burns Rambo, CCM, who paved the way for the success of countless club industry leaders.
The 2020 recipients are:
- Kristin Aleshire, Chicago Yacht Club, Chicago, IL
- Amy Beardsley-Comerer, The Country Club of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Holly Bilotti, Bay Head Yacht Club, Bay Head, NJ
- Elisha Cicerone, CCM, Chevy Chase Club, Chevy Chase, MD
- DJ Holcomb, The Country Club at DC Ranch, Scottsdale, AZ
- Millie Harper, CCM, North Ridge Country Club, Raleigh, NC
- Leslie Ludlow, CHSE, Glendora Country Club, Glendora, CA
- Emily Parker, Knickerbocker Club, New York, NY
- Kathryn Reinhart, Country Club of Maryland, Towson, MD
- Ashly Ryan, Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, PA
- Rachel Zilka, Park Country Club of Buffalo, Williamsville, NY
The scholarship provides financial support to female club managers interested in furthering their professional development. Recipients receive the tuition costs and travel expenses to attend their choice of one of CMAA’s Business Management Institutes.
Curt Kelley, CCM of Preston Trail Golf Club shares: “I had the privilege of working with Sally at Lakewood Country Club in Dallas, TX. I met her while I was a student at University of North Texas studying hospitality and I caught the opportunity of a lifetime when she agreed to allow me to intern and then work for her for five years until she retired. Sally’s career spanned 41 years of service. She was wholeheartedly committed to CMAA networking and education programs and strongly encouraged involvement in CMAA and civic leadership positions. Sally would be proud to know her name is attached to this scholarship providing continuing education to women in our industry.”
For more information, please visit https://www.clubfoundation.org.
About The Club Foundation
The Club Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established by CMAA to fund the life cycle of a club manager’s career, providing financial support for five key areas: students, faculty, club managers, CMAA chapters, and the club industry at large. It supports the advancement of club management professionals, funding industry education programs through scholarships and grants. Learn more at https://www.clubfoundation.org.