Hurricane Junior Golf Tour launches #SaveGolf initiative
ORLANDO, Florida, – The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) is proud announce a new initiative that will be aimed at helping those in the golf community affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective today, April 8th, and going until Friday, May 15th, the HJGT is creating the #SaveGolf FUND where they will be donating all of the proceeds of every sale made to help benefit those who work in the golf industry, or at any golf course or country club, and may have been negatively affected by the current crisis.
“We wanted to do something impactful that would help the people on the front lines of the golf industry that need it the most” said Executive Director, Mario Conte. “People in our extended golf family are being laid off, having work hours reduced, or having to resort to other means of generating income. We want to work with all of our partners and people in the community to make sure that we do our part as stewards of the game to provide assistance where we can, so that when the time is right, we can get back to playing the game we all love.”
As part of the #SaveGolf initiative, we are rolling out a new online charity auction that is easy, fun, and anyone can participate in! Each day there will be new and exclusive items and experiences that can be won, all while helping to support the cause. You can find a direct link to this silent auction by visiting www.hjgt.org/SaveGolf. Aside from this, there are multiple other ways that businesses and individuals can contribute:
- Participate in our new online #SaveGolf charity auction between 4/8-5/15.
- Register for our new Webinar Series and gain valuable information and advice from industry professionals.
- Donate directly to the #SaveGolf FUND through our website.
- Purchase any HJGT swag items from our website.
- Sign up for a membership, or refer a friend to sign up if you are already a member.
- Pre-register up for any of our events for the second half of the year.
- Donate goods or services through your business to help support the Silent Auction.
- EMAIL US at email@example.com if you or your business are able to help out in any other way.
- Follow us on social media and use #SaveGolf to stay updated on new and interactive opportunities that will be released weekly!
Anyone that works in the golf industry or at a golf course that has been affected by this misfortune can apply to receive a donation by visiting HJGT.org/SaveGolf. Donations will be given out weekly to eligible applicants.
About the HURRICANE JUNIOR GOLF TOUR
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour. Currently, the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the United States hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour. Through Hurricane Junior Golf Tour’s partnership with international hospitality company NEXUS, a division ambassador program was developed with Tiger Woods, Justin Timberlake, Justin Rose, Will Smith, Ernie Els and Bryson DeChambeau, who each represent a different division within the Tour. Each ambassador leads a small group of junior golfers while bringing a strong brand awareness to junior golf and inspire them to work hard toward achieving their goals.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
16349 Phil Ritson Way
Winter Garden, FL 34787