Reno, Nev.– The Club at ArrowCreek in Reno, Nev. recently completed a $60 million renovation and expansion of its clubhouse and non-golf amenities. The multi-phase project took nearly three years to complete and included re-imagination of existing facilities and the creation of new event areas. Business executive Ray Conrad and wife, Jeanne, purchased The Club at ArrowCreek in 2018 after becoming members in 2014. The Conrads were crucial visionaries in bringing the clubhouse renovation project to life, stepping forward with the $60 million investment.
“My first step was creating a plan to renovate and gut the entire 42,000-square-foot clubhouse and add an additional 40,000-square-foot extension,” said Mr. Conrad. “In order to make the business sustainable, we needed to create space for weddings, conventions, and other functions.”
Newly expanded and renovated amenities at The Club at ArrowCreek include a new pool complex with three different pools and a 15,000 square-foot furnished deck; a new state-of-the-art fitness center with separate movement and cycle rooms; separate teen and kid’s rooms; an outdoor playground; two card rooms; and an indoor, four-court pickleball facility. A new golf performance center with two hitting bays for indoor or outdoor use also features two putting green facilities, and a re-envisioned short-game area.
New and re-imagined food and beverage venues operate out of a newly expanded kitchen, and include:
- Savour – The new dining venue features an open concept kitchen and a wide selection of international cuisine. Members can enjoy the theater of culinary creation in an approachable atmosphere. Private Dining Rooms are available for more intimate dining or special celebrations.
- Tony’s – Tony’s is a casual bar and is the perfect place to watch a game, or enjoy a beverage and lighter fare after coming off the golf course.
- BeeBee’s Café – Another new venue, BeeBee’s Café offers easy breakfast, lunch and midday pick-me-ups, available morning to early afternoon. Enjoy artisanal coffee concoctions, freshly baked pastries, healthy fruit smoothies and light fare.
- INQ – INQ has a mysterious aura of a “secret,” high-end space where members can enjoy a well-stocked bar, authentic prohibition age cocktails, high-end liquors, and indulgent bites. The new luxury cocktail lounge features deeply saturated colors and décor inspired by a bygone era.
- Drift+Dwell – At Drift+Dwell members and guests can enjoy the summer views of the surrounding pools and green golf courses while savoring a refreshing cocktail and cuisine. Members also appreciate the full poolside cabana service via Drift+Dwell.
When the Conrads purchased The Club at ArrowCreek in 2018 it was essentially a clubhouse, with a small member dining area and a bar, two golf courses, with a driving range, putting green, and short-game area. In 2020, Conrad engaged with Troon to bring a level of expertise from both a service and agronomical perspective, and to oversee Club operations.
Located 15 miles south of downtown Reno on the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and just over 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe, The Club at ArrowCreek is the centerpiece of a gated upscale housing community of 1,100 homes, and features incredible views of the city and mountains. The private club offers 36 holes of golf, including The Legend Course, designed by Arnold Palmer, and The Challenge Course, a Fuzzy Zoeller design. The 7,115-yard Legend course opened for play in 1999, while The Challenge Course opened in 2000 and measures 7,433 yards from the tips. Both golf courses were improved in 2019 with irrigation system upgrades, new drainage systems, bunker renovations, and cart path repairs and additions.
For more information on The Club at ArrowCreek, visit www.theclubatarrowcreek.com or call (775) 850-4471.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf and golf-related hospitality management company providing services at 680-plus locations around the globe, including managing 665-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 670-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Indigo Sports, CADDIEMASTER, Peter Burwash International, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design, Casa Verde Golf, and ICON Management Services. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com.