Exotics clubs earn two Top 5’s, three Top 10’s at season-ending Charles Schwab Finale
The 2020 PGA Tour Champions season concluded Monday at the Charles Schwab Finale with players using Tour Edge clubs earning two Top 5’s, three Top 10’ and five Top 25 finishes.
The final event included a Top 5 finish for a non-contracted player using an Exotics EXS 220 Driver and another Top 5 finish for a non-contracted player playing an EXS Ti-Utility Iron.
Forty-two different professionals chose to play 502 Tour Edge clubs in the 15 events played on the 2020 PGA Tour Champions this season, helping Tour Edge break their record for the total number of clubs put into play in a season on the PGA Tours.
“To get over 500 clubs in play in just 15 events is a huge breakthrough for us,” said Tour Edge Vice President of Marketing Jon Claffey. “We went from averaging a dozen or so clubs in play per event over the previous two seasons to averaging over 30 clubs in play per event this year. A lot of that had to due to our explosive growth in the driver category.”
A total of 74 Exotics drivers were put into play by 19 different players in the 2020 season. Of the 74 Exotics drivers in play this season, 41 were the EXS 220 Driver and 33 were the EXS Pro Driver.
A Breakdown of the Charles Schwab Finale
Tour Edge capped off the 2020 season in Phoenix by gaining two new players with Exotics drivers this week, as well as two new players playing Exotics EXS Pro Hybrids.
The new players this week in play in Phoenix gave Tour Edge 14 total players using their equipment in the field of 81 players (17%).
- A non-contracted player with an Exotics Ti-Utility Iron finished 4th this week.
- A non-contracted player using an Exotics EXS 220 Driver finished 5th this week.
- Tour Edge staffer Tom Lehman finished 10th this week at the course he helped redesign.
- A non-contracted player with an Exotics Pro Driver, an EXS 220 fairway and hybrid and an Exotics CBX Iron-Wood finished 16th this week.
- A non-contracted player that put an Exotics EXS 220 Driver in play this week finished 23rd.
Tour Edge Staff Player 2020 Season Recaps
- The 2020-2021 seasons will be combined to name a Schwab Cup Champion at the end of next season, meaning Tour Edge staff player Scott McCarron will be the reigning Cup Champion until that time. McCarron has won five times as a member of the Tour Edge professional staff. He added the EXS Pro Hybrid and EXS Blade wedges to his arsenal this season.
- Staffer Tom Lehman finished the season ranked 35th after his Top 10 finish this week for his 3rd Top 10 of the season. He has two victories as a Tour Edge staffer.
Lehman recently put the Exotics EXS Pro Driver into play and plays an EXS Pro 3-wood and hybrid and numerous Exotics utility irons depending on the course setup.
- Tour Edge staffer Tim Petrovic finished 22ndon the final 2020 money list. He earned two Top 10’s and 14 Top 25 finishes that included a runner-up finish at the Charles Schwab Series at Ozarks National. Petrovic has collected four Top 3 finishes in Major championships since joining the Tour Edge professional staff. He played an Exotics EXS Pro Driver, EXS 220 fairway and hybrids, up to three EXS Ti-Utilty Irons, a full set of EXS Blade Irons and EXS Blade wedges this season.
- Tour Edge staffer Duffy Waldorf finished 50thin the final standings with his two Top 10’s and four Top 25’s earned this season. Waldorf is playing his trusty Exotics CBX 3-wood and added the EXS Pro Hybrid to his bag this season.
Despite only having these four players on their professional staff, Tour Edge has seen 1,188 clubs in play by over 100 different PGA Tour professionals on the three PGA Tours over the last three seasons. In that time, they have earned 12 wins, 64 Top 5’s and over 123 Top 10 finishes.
The company has been a part of 11 victories and 18 runner-up finishes on the PGA Tour Champions since 2018 and has been in the bag for a 1st or 2nd place finish 29 times in the last 59 Champions events (49%).
About Tour Edge
Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 34 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and their “Get in the Game” products.
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable.
Today, Glod is considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Their team of tour staff professionals includes 2019 Charles Schwab Cup winner Scott McCarron, Tom Lehman, Tim Petrovic and Duffy Waldorf. Tour Edge drivers have also won two World Long Drive Championships and hold the top three longest drives in the history of the sport by staff player and #1 ranked Phillis Meti.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and are available in Tour Edge’s unprecedented 48-hour custom club delivery program. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Vice President of Marketing Tour Edge
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110