MyGolfSpy Ranks Tour Edge HL4 Iron-Wood #1 Best Value Utility Iron in 2019 Most Wanted Testing
MyGolfSpy has named the Tour Edge HL4 Iron-Wood set the Best Value Utility Iron in their 2019 Most Wanted testing.
The popular website that bills itself ‘Truth Digest’ tested 14 different utility irons for over 60 hours with over 2,900 shots analyzed to name the best of the best in utility irons for 2019.
Their in-depth tests utilizing hundreds of thousands of data points led them to name the HL4 Iron-Wood as the best value in the test as it tested as a Top 5 utility iron, while featuring a price tag of only $89.99. The average cost of all other utility clubs tested was $245.
Here’s a look at some of the data where the HL4 Iron-Wood excelled in Most Wanted Utility Iron testing:
- ·HL4 Iron-Wood Finished in the Top 5 overall
- Top 10 in Forgiveness
- Top 5 in Carry Consistency
- Category leader for Stokes Gained Consistency
- Ranked 2nd in Highest Launch
- Ranked 4th in Yards from Center
MyGolfSpy said the following about the hollow-body club designed by Tour Edge Master Club designer David Glod:
“Our testers with slower swing speeds who struggle to launch utility irons high favored clubs with wider soles and larger (deeper) head designs. Models like the Tour Edge Exotics HL4 and CBX119 utilities were preferred among this subset of testers.”
How did MyGolfSpy test?
MyGolfSpy provides independent, unbiased and objective testing by employing consistent testing methodologies and advanced golf analytics inside their 100% independent test facility.
Their goal is to have the consumer apply head-to-head data to help unlock their full potential. All testers used Bridgestone Tour-B RX golf balls for consistency and to reduce test variables. All head data was captured using the Foresight GCQuad Launch Monitor.
My Golf Spy used the largest human testing pool in the industry and takes into account swing speed, age, handicap and swing variations, while also taking into account tester fatigue and randomization.
About Tour Edge
In 1986, David Glod founded Tour Edge with a focus on offering golfers with high quality and technologically advanced golf products that were as cutting edge as they were affordable. He is now considered one of the preeminent master club designers in golf club design and has led Tour Edge to be a Top 10 manufacturer in every club category.
Tour Edge products have been put in play on the PGA TOUR, PGA Tour Champions, LPGA Tour and Web.com Tour, as well as European professional tours, and have been in play in every PGA TOUR major championship and in Ryder Cup competitions. This has led Tour Edge equipment to 22 wins on the PGA Tours (10 PGA TOUR, 11 PGA Tour Champions and one Web.com Tour victories.) Since 2018, Tour Edge clubs earned 12 wins, 12 runner-up finishes, over 50 Top 5 finishes and over 90 Top 10 finishes on the PGA Tours.
Tour Edge, an American owned and operated company for more than 33 years, manufactures and sells golf clubs under three distinct brand names: Exotics, Hot Launch and Bazooka.
• Exotics products bring futuristic technologies to the marketplace with tour preferred designs and smaller production runs. Exotics clubs utilize higher-grade, avant-garde materials and manufacturing methods that have established Exotics as a leader in quality craftsmanship and to redefine what is possible in golf club performance.
• Hot Launch has forged a name for itself as a producer of high-quality premium game improvement golf clubs from driver to wedge. Hot Launch has proven to provide the greatest custom fit value in golf and includes an unprecedented guaranteed 48-hour custom fit delivery program.
• Bazooka represents Tour Edge’s Get In The Game products and the absolute best value available in golf, offering advancing players, beginners, women and juniors the best in playability and affordability.
All Exotics and Hot Launch clubs are hand built in the United States in Batavia, Illinois and then distributed throughout the world. Every Tour Edge club comes with a Lifetime Warranty and a 30-day play guarantee.
Vice President of Marketing
Phone: 800-515-3343 Ex: 110