Visitors Continue to Seek Out Award-Winning Amenity of the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort Hotel
(WORLEY, Idaho) – Circling Raven Golf Club – the sparkling amenity of the Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel in the scenic Idaho Panhandle – today announces the golf club posted increases in several categories in May, continuing the upward trend it has enjoyed since beginning its first full season in 2004.
Green fee revenue rose 4 percent in May 2007 compared to May 2006 and total revenue was up 8 percent thanks in part to the average green fee rate increasing 9 percent.
Year-to-date: Green fee revenue is up 9 percent Rounds played are up 5 percent (despite opening the golf course a week later than normal due to early April inclement weather) Merchandise sales are up 2 percent Average rate per round has increased by 5 percent Total revenue has grown by 7 percent
"Circling Raven is pleased to see the number of visitors continue to increase because it means we’re on the right track," says Director of Golf David Christenson. "Also, we are extremely gratified that our May and Year-to-Date performances are continuing Circling Raven’s four-year trend of increases, which bucks what has been going on nationally in the golf industry. This lets us know we’re providing experiences which our guests value and support."
Contributing to Circling Raven’s success and sustained momentum is the price point and value it affords players, as well as the unspoiled beauty of the land on which it sits. Its peak playing fee in 2006 is $90, which includes GPS-equipped cart and full privileges at its top-line practice facility. Many courses comparable to Circling Raven – a member of several national "best- of" lists lauding the nation’s best golf properties – charge two to three times more in playing fees.
Recent honors bestowed upon Circling Raven include: Golf Magazine’s "Top 100 You Can Play – Courses to Watch" Zagat Survey "America’s Top Golf Courses" Golf Digest Magazine "America’s Best Courses State-by-State" Golfweek Magazine’s "Best 21 Casino Courses in the U.S." Fairways + Greens Magazine’s "Best Resort Courses in the American West" PGA of America Northwest Section Golf Shop "Merchandiser of the Year" Golfweek Magazine’s "Best Resort Golf Courses in the U.S." Service Excellence Award by the Coeur d’Alene Area Chapter of the Idaho Department of Commerce and Labor Golfweek Magazine’s "Best 21 Casino Courses in the U.S."
For more information about Circling Raven Golf Club or Coeur d’Alene Casino Resort & Hotel call 1-800-523-2464 or visitwww.circlingraven.com .
About Circling Raven Golf Club
Owned and operated by the Coeur d’Alene Tribe and convenient to Spokane (WA) airport, the resort and golf club are nestled on a reservation covering 345,000 acres of mountains, lakes, old-growth forest and farmland. The resort spans the western edge of the northern Rocky Mountains.
Tribal history also tells us that Circling Raven was a spiritually powerful leader, his name coming from his close relationship to the raven, who helped guide him on his journeys, warn him of danger and show him where to find fish and game.
Circling Raven was created amid a unique blend of wetlands, grasslands and woodlands. At 7,189 yards, the par 72 championship layout meanders through 620 acres, only 100 representing cultivated ground. Wildlife is abundant, including elk, deer, moose and an occasional black bear. In fact, the opening was delayed due to damage on two greens by migrating elk.
Golf Course Yardages: Gold, 7,189; Blue, 6,578; White, 6,108; Red, 5,389; Green, 4,708 Total Acreage: 670 (including practice area, practice green and clubhouse) Amenities: The clubhouse is 6,500 square feet, including the Twisted Earth Grill and full service bar. Both locker rooms include showers and lockers. The practice facility covers 25 acres; separated into areas for wedges, sand play and all clubs in the bag. The resort adjacent to the course includes 202 hotel rooms, casino, events center, buffet, and restaurant, off track betting and conference/convention facilities. L93 Bent Grass Greens Bluegrass tees, fairways and rough Golf Carts: Equipped with a Global Positioning System
Dan Shepherd, Buffalo Communications