Team TaylorMade’s Dustin Johnson won the 2020 Masters and his second major playing a full bag of TaylorMade clubs and golf ball
Carlsbad, Calif. – World no.1 and TaylorMade staffer Dustin Johnson claimed his first green jacket at Augusta National with rounds of 65-70-65-68 for a record -20 under and 5 shot victory.
Playing 14 TaylorMade clubs and ball, that includes a SIM driver and TP5X golf ball, DJ hasn’t finished outside the Top 10 in has last 6 starts since entering this week. Adding a Masters title to his US Open trophy, DJ doubles his majors and takes his total professional victories to 24.
After a stellar “moving day” in the third round of competition, where he hit every fairway and nearly made an albatross at the par-5 second, DJ was four shots ahead entering Sunday. Perfectly positioned to saunter his way to a second major title.
DJ’S 54 HOLE STROKES GAINED STATS WERE IMPRESSIVE:
- Total: 14.66 (1st)
- Off-the-Tee: 4.10 (2nd)
- Approach (100): 7.05 (1st)
- Putting: 3.52 (10th)
The course-dependent 7-wood has been in and out Dustin’s bag throughout the season. For Augusta, it gave him the perfect carry number and landing angle to attack the par 5s. DJ was a combined 11-under on the storied par 5s for the week. Other equipment changes included fresh Milled Grind wedges for some extra zip on short shots.
It was a complete performance from tee to green. Across the four rounds, Dustin led the field in greens in regulation (82%) and proximity to the green (30’8”). He hit 77% of fairways while averaging 307 yards off the tee.
DJ has carried the same equipment since claiming the Fed Ex Cup back in September, including a SIM Max 7-wood with 21° of loft to complement his SIM Max 3-wood (15°). His go to driver has been a SIM driver (10.5°) all season and then his P•730 (DJ Proto) irons (3-PW) and Milled Grind Wedges complete the bag alongside his TP5X golf ball.
NEED TO KNOW
- Sets a new scoring record of 20 under at Augusta National
- 2nd major victory for the world no.1
- Now has 24 career professional victories, including his two majors
- DJ has played in 10 Masters including this one with last year’s T2 his previous best finish
- Ties Tiger’s record of 11 consecutive rounds under par at Augusta National
- Ties “Most Tournament Greens in Regulation” stat with 60 GIRs
- Ties “Lowest Score to Par” in major championship history
- Last player to win by 5 shots or more was Tiger in 1997 (12 shots)
DUSTIN JOHNSON WITB
- SIM 10.5° driver
- SIM Max 15.0° fairway
- SIM Max 21.0 fairway
- P730 3-PW irons
- MG 52° and 60° wedges
- Spider Tour IB Limited
- TP5X ball #1
Director of Consumer Engagement
+1 760 918 6000